Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Let's give our creativity and our knowledge of Photoshop a boost with this week's Pixel Perfect video with Bert Monroy! (Sorry I'm a bit late today, it has been hectic!)

This week we will see a video that proves the pen is mightier than the marquee tool! ;) ;)

Here is the embedded video page, and here is the high definition link (much better quality, but large file: 60-120MB).

You will need a new file, 800x600px, 72 dpi, white. It may also help you to set your grid preferences (Edit>Preferences>Guides, Grid & Slices) to Gridlines every 1 inch and 4 subdivisions. We will be working with the pen tool, so get your concentration caps on!

You can find my try at the tutorial on the table here.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
oh Reka... how fun. I promise to catch up on all of my homework when the crazies are over from Christmas. ;)
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
That's okay, Kimi, I have been pretty busy, too. But watch out, I am thinking (since they are in such nice little appetizer-sized bits) of posting two a week after Christmas. Otherwise it'll take us forever to get through them all! :)

BTW, if anyone has any comments on how I can better prepare the tuts for you all, just post it here! The only thing I wish is that I could watch the videos at half speed! Sometimes Bert talks so fast. :? :mrgreen:
Reka
ImageMOM

Here's the larger version of my lamp. My daughter complained that the shade is crooked till I pointed out that our lampshades are that way too from SOMEONE playing ball inside the house. 8-) She was quiet after that.

pp_003_lamp.jpg
pp_003_lamp.jpg (128.48 KiB) Viewed 1002 times
Reka
ImageMOM

Reka, I see this uses the pen tool. I haven't used it yet. Do I need to use a Wacom for this? I have one but I am not too good with it yet.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Well, I personally think everything is easier with the tablet, but I think it is doable with the mouse. In any case, I would try it with the Wacom, since anything you do with the tablet gets you more used to it!
Reka
ImageMOM

Good point, thanks Reka

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
7 posts Page 1 of 1