Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
48 posts Page 1 of 5
All right it is installed..it is sitting there staring at me. As if to say do something..help!!!!! Where do I go to learn??? I also have this folder called "goodies" are they any good and where do I put them. I feel like I am learning to walk all over again.
Suzib:

No need to panic! :o

Just pretend that it's Elements - open a picture, start playing with the tools, get comfortable with the interface. Look at the dropdown choices for layers, filters, etc. - there are a few more from which to choose. It really can be operated in "Elements mode", though!

Goodies folder? Hmmmm.....guess I left that one on the installation CD.

Enjoy!! :D
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
suzib wrote: I feel like I am learning to walk all over again.

Might get that feeling sometime after midnight tomorrow morning.... :lol: Have fun, but behave... mostly. ;)
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
Ok first thing that changed all my psd files have changed their look..now they look like this. Is this normal. Also the look of the raw file icon is different. This is when I open elements.

Hubby working tonight, so I will be hopefully sleeping the New Year in. HAPPY NEW TO ALL
suzib wrote: Ok first thing that changed all my psd files have changed their look..now they look like this. Is this normal. Also the look of the raw file icon is different. This is when I open elements.

Part of the installation process with CS3 - much like Elements - is the assignment of image file types to CS3. You probably accepted the default that .psd and RAW files would be opened with CS3. Not a big deal; only affects which application opens one if you double-click on the file name in My Computer/Windows Explorer.
Chuck
Thanks, Chuck. I have a feeling that I am going to drive you guys nuts.
suzib wrote: Thanks, Chuck. I have a feeling that I am going to drive you guys nuts.

Don't you think we're already there?? :D :mrgreen:
Chuck
As we say in my profession... That's not a drive, that's a putt. :D
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
ok Suzi... I will play with you.

I will make myself work in CS instead of going back to Element where it is nice and safe. That way we can be lost and ask questions together. :P

I did find making my layers and text size bigger helped me a lot.

I also bought Nicole Van's workflow action set. $149. I can't figure out how to install it, much less use it. :cry:

baby steps... baby steps...
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
48 posts Page 1 of 5