Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
48 posts Page 3 of 5
suzib wrote: Curves is in your layer adjustments section

of course, I was going to look there next. :oops: Because it is at the bottom, I forget about it. :o
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
but what if you want to open many images. I DO NOT LIKE being without a photo bin!!!!!
My kids goofing around.
here is my before.

here is my after. curves, levels, and smart sharpen.

Why when I go to image, crop. My crop is grayed out? And is there no way to just pick photo ratio for size?

Suzi.... if you are in cascade mode you can have loads of images open and move them around. If you want to drag one into the other. Just drag from your layers pallete.
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
suzib wrote: Shoot right there is front of me, Thanks Chuck. I should make a list for the next newsletter, huh. lol One last one for the next hour...where are the presets for ARC and how do you load those?????

Suzi, you'll have to update the Adobe Camera Raw plug-in. Here's the link to the plug-in and the directions for installation. I'll check back after dinner to see how you're doing!

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/ ... rm=Windows
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Thanks Kimi, I have alot to learn. I did figure out how to load actions. Find your history there is an action tab with it. Down the list is a load actions to click on. Haven't tried it yet but there it is!!!
Chuck, It automatically updated the raw for me when I installed, I think. say I have 4.3.1. yep that is what it says.
youuuuuuuuu-whoooooooooooo chuck, where are you. That is one long dinner. Just kidding. I am writing down all my questions for the New Year (tomorrow) I want my photo bin back!!!!!!!
suzib wrote: I want my photo bin back!!!!!!!

Suzi... grown up photographers don't use a photo bin. ;)
I never used mine in Elements so it was no big deal for me.
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi, I use it when I am making B/W's I keep duplicating my images as I go along so I can see the changes I made and to see which one I like the best. For me that is the easiest way to look at all the copies. Sometimes I will have 7 or more copies with different settings.
try this... when you get to the point that you want to save. hold Ctrl, Alt, Shift, E and it will combine all your layers into a new image. name this image 1. I use this over and over when I am working on an image. You can have as many copies as you want all in the same document.
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
suzib wrote: youuuuuuuuu-whoooooooooooo chuck, where are you. That is one long dinner. Just kidding. I am writing down all my questions for the New Year (tomorrow) I want my photo bin back!!!!!!!

DW actually made me GO OUT for dinner - can you believe it?? :lol: Back now...none the worse for wear....
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
48 posts Page 3 of 5