Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
28 posts Page 1 of 3
Let's give our creativity and our knowledge of Photoshop a boost with this week's Pixel Perfect video with Bert Monroy!

In this week's video we'll be working on our penmanship again. Yes, get ready for the pen tool!

Here is the embedded video page, and here is the high definition link (much better quality, but large file: 60-120MB).

You will need a new file, about 1000 x 1000 px, 72 dpi, white.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Sorry if anyone was waiting for this. I was down for three days this week with the stomach flu. :cry: (Actually, Mr.Green with a frown would be more appropriate!)

This is what I came up with, but I am not happy with it. I am planning on trying again this week.
Reka
ImageMOM

Reka, hope you're feeling better!
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Reka, sorry you where sick. Hope you are all better now. I am going to try to do this one now that I have CS3.
I am fine now, but my daughter and I were both sick for three days, so the "menfolk" were taking care of us. That would have been even nicer hadn't we been sick. :P :lol:

Suzi, I would recommend you try this one first, since it is a more structured tutorial on the pen tool that will help you along a lot on this tutorial.

Glad you are finally able to join us! And, as I say, please tell me if you guys want more instructions from me on these. I haven't found them too difficult, nothing that can't be done after the third try. :) :mrgreen:
Reka
ImageMOM

Well... I had some down time. Came to look for the lesson of the day. I have tried 3 times to get the other video to load so I can start at the beginning. It just sits there? :cry:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Which one, Kimi? If it is the hi-def one, it is a large file and will take a while to load. This one is over 76MB.
Reka
ImageMOM

Reka, I need your help!!! His videos go so darn fast I can't keep up. Do you know if he has notes or something written.
I am going to try the spotlight and lampshade one hoopefully today. So will have lots of questions.
That pen tool is kicking my butt, lol
Suzi, I'm sorry, I don't think there are transcripts. He does pack a lot into that short time, doesn't he? :ugeek:

You just have to listen over and over again. And if you click on the screen, the video stops and you can push the little arrow at the bottom back to repeat a section.

The pen tool and I are not on a friendly basis yet either. But I had too little time to try over Christmas vacation. The kids went back to school today, so now I will have more time.
Reka
ImageMOM

Thanks for looking for me Reka. I will keep plugging along. I am so glad you started this section, it is really getting me motivated, maybe soon I will be able to post something,lol
28 posts Page 1 of 3