Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Im considering trying the trial version of cs3 but before i do i was wondering if someone can help me with some questions?
1) If I decide to buy it & Dl it will i beable to put it on another computer also or should I buy it at a store so I will have the cd to do that.
2) Does it take alot of space on my hard drive & ram especially if i decide to keep pse4 along with it?
3) All the extra added fonts, brushes, actions, plug-ins etc..that I have in pse4 are not stored in separate folders they are loaded in pse4. Does any of these things automatically transfer into cs3 (after purchasing)? I havent a clue how to get them from one place to another. I havent decided if I will keep elements on my computer with cs3 or not. That depends on how much space i have left.
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
Hi Snowfall.
1. I would get the CD. I don't know that you can purchase the download for one computer and then re-download to a second computer. Plus you always have the CD in the event you may need to reinstall.

2. CS3 is a large file with four separate files, CS3, Bridge, Stock Photos and Device Central. I have PSE5 installed as well. Although I have 2 GB of Ram and my HD memory is almost full (don't know how, not much on my PC anymore) my computer does not run slow because of it. But like I said, I have 2 GB of Ram installed in the last 6 months. Check Adobe's site for over size. I think it is 380 some MB.

3. Just as with Elements, CS3 uses the fonts already on your computer in Windows. You will have to load any actions and such you want to use in it that you already have. You can load your brushes from where they are without adding them to CS3. Actions are easy to load. If you purchase, post back and we will tell you how.

CS3 takes some getting use to over Elements but I for one think it is worth it.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
snowfall, if you know how to burn a CD or DVD, you can easily make a copy of your downloaded installation files for future use. In fact, it might be a good idea to write them to disk and install from there, which will insure you that the disk is functioning properly and has all the files you need.

I use it together with PSE5 on my PC, though never or rarely at the same time. However, I have not gotten friendly with Bridge yet, so I still use my Organizer catalog, which works well with CS3. I have 1GB of RAM, which is a bit touchy when I am using several big PSD files, but otherwise not. The Adobe site says it needs 1GB of free disk space, plus more than that for the installation process.

Be sure to order through Adobe for the Education rate if you or someone in your family is in school, as a student or as faculty. It is a lot cheaper.

Be sure to participate in our CS tutorials every Saturday! :D
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Thank you both for you help. I appreciate it very much.
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
4 posts Page 1 of 1