Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
27 posts Page 1 of 3
Is there a color cast correction in CS3 like there is in elements, if so where is that one hiding!!!
The Autocolor command may be the closest. Here's what CS3 Help has to say:

Remove a color cast with Auto Color
The Auto Color command adjusts the contrast and color of an image by searching the image to identify shadows, midtones, and highlights. By default, Auto Color neutralizes the midtones using a target color of RGB 128 gray and clips the shadows and highlight pixels by 0.5%. You can change these defaults in the Auto Color Correction Options dialog box.

Do one of the following:
Choose Image > Adjustments > Auto Color. The application of Auto Color is automatic with this option. You cannot adjust any of the options in the following steps.

Choose Layer > New Adjustment Layer and choose either Levels or Curves. Click OK in the New Layer dialog box.

In the Levels or Curves dialog box, click the Option button.
Select the Find Dark & Light option under Algorithms in the Auto Color Correction Options dialog box.
Select the Snap Neutral Midtones option.
Adjust the amount of shadows and highlights that are clipped, and adjust the target color for the midtones.
Click OK in open dialog boxes to apply Auto Color.

Beyond that, you can use the eyedropper tool in Levels or Curves. Or you can correct the image in ACR before going into CS3.
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Thanks Chuck. I did take the image into ACR no good but I did several bad things to begin with. First I did not shoot in raw, second the room I was taking pictures has a very bad yellow cast to it to begin with, and then like a first class dummy I didn't use a flash. They are just shots taken when family was over but some I want to keep. I will print up what you posted and see if it helps. Somebody should whack me upside the head, I knew this room does that but thought I could fix it in ACR, NOT!!!
Suzi, did you try the eyedropper tool in ACR? That should have done some good, but not always.

Another technique I've used with some success - available in Elements or CS:

1. Add Levels Adjustment Layer; don't make adjustments on the RGB composite channel.
2. Select the Red channel from the dropdown box at the top of the levels adjustment layer page.
3. Push the right slider to the left until you get to the 'base of the mountain' on the right (highlights side).
4. Push the left slider to right until you get to the base of the mountain on the left (shadows side).
5. Repeat 2-4 for the Green channel.
6. Repeat 2-4 for the Blue channel
7. Click OK to close levels adjustment layer.
Chuck
eyedropper in ACR??? nope, didn't know it existed. Tried the other method you posted, no good. Will try the eyedropper next. If that fails I will take them back into elements. I have good luck there. Thank you so much for your help. I would be lost without you and Reka. Don't either of you go anywhere for the next year or so :?
Chuck and Suzi, which CS3 version do you have? Just CS3 or Extended?

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I have the CS3 version.
Just the regular, garden variety CS3. Would that be called the 'retracted' version?? ;)

Suzi, why don't you post one of your yellow cast photos for us to play with? Might be better than theoretical discussions....
Chuck
That is what I thought. I have CS3 Extended. I think that is why mine pre-loaded the plug-ins. Must have a few extra little features.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Here you go Chuck, I made the file quite large for you to play with. Believe me it is ugly. If you can get it better, could you post what you did so I can fix the rest, please. Thank you for helping.

27 posts Page 1 of 3