Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
30 posts Page 1 of 3
Always wanted to know but were afraid to ask? :mrgreen:
In this thread we will post our CS questions, since most of us are new and have loads of goofy or embarrassing question, I thought we needed a thread to share.

Now... if you have some tidbit that you know and it would be beneficial to us newbies. Please share. :P

I will start us off. I am stumped on my brushes. I love the fact that when I open a set a brushes they are still showing in the brush palette after I open another set. But.... Now I have opened so many that I am having to scroll way down to find the brush I am after. I have tried resetting the brush but they don't go away.

How do I make my brush palette have just the default brushes again. So I can fill it up all over. ;)
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi - Great idea for a thread.

As things come up, I'll post my questions and/or tips [mostly questions].
oh, I have a tip. (well it was new to me, maybe everyone knows this one)

After you spend your time making a mask... you can pull it to another layer.
Hold down the alt key and it will make a copy as you pull on the mask. :P
I love this one! It has saved me loads of time.
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
well... we sure wont get to far if, all we have are newbies and NO one to answer our questions? :o
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
kimi_boo wrote: I will start us off. I am stumped on my brushes. I love the fact that when I open a set a brushes they are still showing in the brush palette after I open another set. But.... Now I have opened so many that I am having to scroll way down to find the brush I am after. I have tried resetting the brush but they don't go away.

How do I make my brush palette have just the default brushes again. So I can fill it up all over. ;)

Kimi, I opened the brush palette and added more brushes. Then, within the brush palette, I chose Reset Brushes and the brushes I added were eliminated from the list. So you don't reset a single brush, you reset 'brushes'. Does that work for you?

p.s on business trip in Seattle; sorry I haven't been on here all day.
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
oh Chuck... thank you so much! :mrgreen:
Worked like a charm.
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi, glad it worked. I wasn't so sure, 'cuz you didn't respond quickly like you usually do.... :o

:D
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
I was working on a mask and needed to keep my brushes before I could try out your tip.
The mask came out ok? The tip worked great. ;)
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
I have a question, is there anyway of keeping your history in tact with the image when you save it. I would love to be able to do that. Any CS3 guru's want to answer that??
I have one too... Why is crop grayed out?
I miss being able to do a fast photo size crop. :roll:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
30 posts Page 1 of 3