Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
30 posts Page 3 of 3
You're very welcome! I'm so glad I could help you out! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And I will profit from it, too. I didn't know it was possible, either, and my memory is so bad, especially when I fiddle around with an image and try 100,000 different things!
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
It is a great feature, very, very detailed. But then I set to detailed and text only. I make a folder called history and all the info goes into that folder. Next test is to see if it will retain what was done in raw. It is going to be very useful.
Got another...

give me a shortcut to get rid of my palette when it is in the way? I heard Matt say it on Photoshop TV and I have tried a few things but I don't remember what it is... :cry:

I am on CS3.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Good question Kimi.....I just move it...

Here is one that really annoys me.... whenever I want to adjust the light in my image using curves (CS2), I have no histogram to guide me. So I have to adjust the curves using my eye. Is the histogram deactivated/hiding.....what is going on? I've seen CS3 and the use of curves and the histogram. Why not CS2?
kimi_boo wrote: Got another...

give me a shortcut to get rid of my palette when it is in the way? I heard Matt say it on Photoshop TV and I have tried a few things but I don't remember what it is... :cry:

I am on CS3.

Kimi, here is a screen shot of how to minimize the palette to get it out of the way.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
kimi_boo wrote: Got another...

I am on CS3.

The "Tab" key will hide all palettes. Shift-Tab for the navigator,actions etc palettes and the F keys will hide the individual palettes. Heres a link to key board shortcuts for CS3.
http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/conten ... -17113.htm
Thanks Jeff!! :mrgreen:

Actually I thought he had said the tab key and I tried it with no luck. Will have to try again.
Thanks for the shortcut list.
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
deedeeO,

Adobe claims it made a major revamping of curves for CS3 and this included adding the histogram option as well as a number of other tweaks. Havent used CS2, so dont know exactly what the changes are.
John
Kimi,

One thing you can try is to do a right click on the top of the panel where the layers and things hang out, then select the Auto-Collapse Icon Palettes. This turns the various palettes into auto hide and as soon as you click off on them, they collapse into the panel. If you want, say the Layers palette to hang around, drag it off into the workspace and it wont collapse. Drag it back and it will.

WARNING - sometimes - most of the time - dragging it back will cause it to merge with something else. You can always restore the default workspace.

You can also define various workspace options to arrange your palettes and flip back and forth from one to the other.
John
kimi_boo wrote: Thanks Jeff!! :mrgreen:

Actually I thought he had said the tab key and I tried it with no luck. Will have to try again.
Thanks for the shortcut list.

Yeah!!

shift tab did just what I was looking for. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
30 posts Page 3 of 3