Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
29 posts Page 1 of 3
Let's give our creativity and our knowledge of Photoshop a boost with this week's Pixel Perfect video with Bert Monroy!

In this week's video we will be getting wet. Ladies, let's get our white T-shirts on! Maybe a few more men will take part if we spur on their imagination. ;) ;) In any case, give it a try. It gives better effects than the PET video recently.

Here is the embedded video page, and here is the high definition link (much better quality, but large file: 60-120MB).

You will need a new file, about 1000 x 1000 px, 72 dpi, white.

To get a background like his, use white as your FG and black as your BG color and do Filter>Sketch>Halftone Pattern. My settings were 1-50-Line. Then set two shades of blue as FG/BG and use a FG to BG gradient on a new layer above the first; set the blend mode to Multiply/Pin Light/Linear Light or what ever else may fit your fancy. Then you can merge the layers if you like. But I am sure you all knew that stuff! :)
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Reka... I can never get the "here" to work for me. :oops:
Can you post the direct link for me so I can download the video that way? please....
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Maybe your best bet is to right click on either Russ' or my link and save to your HD? The "here" is the exact same link as Russ'. I think the problem is that they are just such large files that you think it isn't going to come, but it is just taking so long.
Reka
ImageMOM

I don't get a save when I right click.

It does open but it doesn't load all of the way and it keeps jumping. I had this problem before and had to go to the site and find it and then I could download to my desktop.

If you know something I am doing wrong? please say.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
doing good up to this point..where the heck is the alpha channel thingy?????
Suzi, look under Window>Channels. Did you find it there?
Reka
ImageMOM

I found it!!!!! I have watched that wideo 5 times now but think I am ready to do one and post (keep fingers crossed)
Got my toes crossed for you, too! :D
Reka
ImageMOM

Well, here it is...my eyes are crossed by now. Not good but I got it done.

cs38.jpg
cs38.jpg (87.8 KiB) Viewed 982 times
29 posts Page 1 of 3