Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
29 posts Page 2 of 3
I need help, I can get the text going but how did you get the picture inside the shape...I know I am going to slap myself upside the head but I am brain dead right now.
a few ways Suzi... try group with previous and see if that works for you.

I have been sick for a few days but I am looking forward to this one. Thanks Reka. :lol:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Hi Suzi -

If you control/command + click on the path in your pallette it will become a selection. Alternately, there is button at the bottom of the path pallette (3rd from left) that will load your path as a selection. Once it's selected just go back to the layer and delete or mask the selection. HTH

Bill
What did I do wrong here

text.jpg
text.jpg (54.8 KiB) Viewed 578 times
Suzi, I am only guessing but I think you clicked your text tool inside the path and not on the outside. And you have to play with you font size to get it to totally fit. I like it though.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Hummmmmmmmmmm, I think I clicked right on the path, would that do it??? This has not been a good day for me. Everything has gone backwards all day long.

Bill, I did as you said, could not get a delete button, so I just copyed to a new layer, could that be why my type is inside??
Suzi, click the text tool just above the path line. Hover you cursor and you will see the capital i shaped tool with a small spot under it if it is in the right spot on the path. But it, the i, has to be above the line not over it. The bottom of the i is what determines where the text starts. If is is inside the path, then thats where the text will be. I hope that made sense.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Here is a screen shot of Reka's tut. Notice were the text tool it

path.jpg
path.jpg (54.38 KiB) Viewed 563 times

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim, I think I got it..when back and tried again on the same one and no matter what I did it was inside. So I trashed that one and did another and bingo, it's right. I think when I drew the first shape maybe I flipped it or something. Don't know but it looks better. The "W" is alittle weird but oh well.

text1.jpg
text1.jpg (59.04 KiB) Viewed 558 times
Way to go Suzi. Now just play with you font size and spacing and you will be set. That will take care of you W too.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
29 posts Page 2 of 3