Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
29 posts Page 1 of 3
Let's give our creativity and our knowledge of Photoshop a boost again!

This week I have written a tutorial about text on a path. (Bear with me, as this is the first I have ever written; hopefully I haven't left anything out. :oops: )

You can get it here. If you click on "original", you should get the PDF which you can then save to your hard disk and/or print out.

Have fun!
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
This is what I came up with. My daughter was clowning around for the camera!
Reka
ImageMOM

Hi Reka, there is no original link for the download. You are the only one that sees that except Jane if she is in admin mode. Could you post the link on http://www.4shared.com please. It is ironic you are doing text paths. I was trying to remember how to do it last night. ;)

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
What a shame! Why shouldn't I be able to share the original if I want to?

Here it is on 4shared:

http://www.4shared.com/file/35321081/76 ... -path.html
Reka
ImageMOM

Thanks Reka. I don't know why but thats why the newsletter is posted on another download site. There is a way to do it but I don't know how yet. I will have to PM Juergen and see how he got it to work when he posted the links for EV to get Colin's articles.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Here is mine.
gettech9.jpg
gettech9.jpg (88.17 KiB) Viewed 1053 times

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks Reka ... that's a pretty helpful tut you wrote. I'll look forward to the follow-up as well.

Bill
Kim and Bill, those look great!

Kim, is that a relative? She is a cutie.

Bill, I'm glad it was helpful. I was afraid I had missed something or not explained it well. I hope that caris parked in your garage! Love that picture, and would love to see the whole thing. I found it hard to figure out where the text started. Have you tried moving the text around the shape so the beginning of the rhyme is more at the top?
Reka
ImageMOM

Thanks Reka. Yes it is a relative, my great niece. As you mentioned, I too had trouble figuring out where to start the text.

Bill I love it. Do you own all these old cars you have photos of or do you take them at car shows?

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Reka and Kim -

Thanks for the comments. The cars are not mine ... but by having just one little car to get around in I have time to play with cameras and take pictures of other people's cars at the local car shows. :mrgreen:

As far at the text being confusing, I agree. I got into type tool trouble (?) and couldn't get it to stop centering. I've tried it again on a different image with improved results. I'll try to post something else a later.

Thanks again.

Bill
29 posts Page 1 of 3