Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Ive been thinking about DL the 30 day trial of cs3 for a while now. I finally did it last night. WOW!!!! Its more overwhelming than i thought it would be. Is there a website dedicated to just learning the interface of this thing. I thought it would be the same as elements but alot more added to it, but just to use the simple crop tool is different. Im use to the PSE4 where i have the undo arrows to delete each step. On CS3 I Ctrl z but it only seems to work when it wants. Do i have to use the history palette everytime to remove steps? Im definitely going to have to invest in some books if i decide to buy it. Its kind of exciting though, I have to admit :D
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
snow... to undo on CS3 you hold the ctr, alt, z.

It does seem overwhelming when you first get there. I had it for months before I would even give it a try. ;)
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Snowfall, I use the histroy for all my undo's, to me it is easier. Just my 2 cents. The best way to learn is to jump right in play aroound. I also googled tutorials for CS3 and played with those. Also doing Reka's homework is a great help. There are some things I don't like (missing from elements) so I jump back and forth between the 2 programs.
snow:

When I purchased CS3 via the direct download, I gor - a couple of minutes after completing the activation and registration an offer from Adobe with 4 options - one of which was training from Lynda.com on CS3. I took the Lynda.com training and found it very useful.

A friend of mine bought the trial upgrade offer from Adobe via snail-mail and got a free training DVD with his purchase that covered a lot of stuff. If you do purchase I would suggest the snail mail delivery option and enquire from Adobe about additional goodies.

There is lots of stuff out there and a lot of useful resources including this Forum for help.

The Undo History is available in CS3 by clicking on Window, then History or may be available from the bin on the right of the screen.

Image and Image
John
Snow, as others have said, the History options is the easiest way of undoing something. The Ctrl Z option only works for one click, the next click of it will redo what you just undid.

Try Reka's Get Technical with CS3 challenges every Saturday. They have been really helpful. Use just CS3 and don't revert back to PSE. Force yourself to learn it and don't give up and revert back. Play around and try all all the options to get familiar with them.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks for the encouragement! Its easier to plunge ahead if you know your not the only one that felt overwhelmed by it all. I swear i thought i was going into cardiac arrest when i saw all of it this morning. I only have 29 more days so i dont think i will be visiting elements for a while. I really want to learn this because as much as i enjoy elements 4 i think it was getting outdated. I was having trouble DL actions etc... Well anyways thank you all again. I will be taking everything & anything i can to help me :D
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
Just ask and some one will try to help
7 posts Page 1 of 1