Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
24 posts Page 1 of 3
Okay, let's give our creativity and our knowledge of Photoshop a boost again!

This week we will be back to video, but this time with Russell Brown, the mad Photoshop professor. His videos are a bit slower than Bert Monroy's, so sit back and take it easy.

The video is about type and paths again. The first bit of the video is a review (more or less) of the tutorial we did last week. It will refresh your memory a little (Aren't you glad?) before we move on to filling shapes with type.

http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/WildWildTextSM.mov

I have discovered that at the point where he tells you to create a long, thin shape, the line tool set at one pixel is just perfect and works in exactly the same way.

Go for it!!
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Thanks Reka, I think I have got this one down, I think. Have one question, I want to put a stroke around the whole thing but can't for the help of me get it done..so how do I do it??
You mean a stroke around the shape the text is in? Click on the path that constitutes the outside of the shape the text is in. Go to the bottom of the Paths palette and click on the dotted circle (third from left). This makes the path into a selection. Go back to your layers palette, make a new layer, and stroke the selection as normal on the new layer.

Let me know if this works!
Reka
ImageMOM

Yep, it did..here is one attempt, only took me an hour,lol. I sure do thank you for doing this. I am learning so much!!!!

CS3hw.jpg
CS3hw.jpg (130.7 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
Great, suzi! I still have to make mine.
Reka
ImageMOM

Thank you, Reka, the hardest part of the whole thing was getting the image into the shape.Went brain dead on that one.
Well... he sure is different than Bert! :o
He really need to be a little more enthusiastic.

off to see if I can do any of this...
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
ok... mine sucks! ;)
I wanted to use the heart and it wouldn't work. Every other shape I tried worked just fine but not the heart?
I didn't try the first part. Will try and get that done during the week. I wanted to make a stamp for the back of my images and I could see using that to get the text around a copywrite symbol.

Thanks Reka..

~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
this one is fun..did one with valentine's look

cshw.jpg
cshw.jpg (100.57 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
Kimi, that looks wonderful. But I imagine the heart would have been more appropriate! :) What do you mean, "the heart wouldn't work"? I am interested because I tried doing a square with a ring of stars inside it. Everything worked well except the stars at 2 and 6 o'clock. No matter what I tried, they wanted their own path layer!!!!
Reka
ImageMOM

24 posts Page 1 of 3