Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
19 posts Page 2 of 2
ok.. second try.

I still don't like the font but at least this one is better.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
I think it looks good. You'll find just the perfect font, I'm sure.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Kimi,

Are you planning to self-fulfill every sale? A lot of commercial printers allow backprinting but not necessarily a "stamp". You might be better served advertising a web/blog address for potential customers to find you, such as...

©2008 http:// www. kimboustanyphotography. com
(had to put spaces in so it didn't turn into a link)

Just my 2¢ worth! :mrgreen:
I'll let the artists and designers weigh in on the logo development.... :D

I would suggest you make certain that whatever ink you use on the back of a print won't eventually 'bleed through' to the image side. Some inks have been known to do that.... Keep in mind that some of your photos are going to go into collections that will be around for a hundred years or more..... :)
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
photoshopsusieq wrote: Kimi,

Are you planning to self-fulfill every sale? A lot of commercial printers allow backprinting but not necessarily a "stamp".

Some labs do put a watermark copyright on the back of your photos. If you have a logo as you are working on here they will use it with the file number or they will use a generic watermark with you name, file number and copyright and year if you don't specify what to go one the back. However, because of the small size of wallets they usually don't do them.

Chuck also has a point in using an actual stamp and ink and bleeding through. You might consider a sticker instead of a stamp.

I think your second version is much better however again, I am not sure I would change the copyright symbols font. I actually don't think I have ever seem it changed.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I vote for the sticker idea and the first font. Readable enough for those who want your name and it fits your style and temperament. :) I like the phone number below, however. Try it again with the first font. (We keep you on your toes, don't we, Kimi? :twisted: )
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
AngelicKim wrote:
Some labs do put a watermark copyright on the back of your photos.

:oops: I learn something new everyday. I still prefer text to a graphic but it's nice to know it's an option. Thanks for pointing that out to me Kim.
No problem Susan, the lab I use puts the watermark copyright on the back automatically and you can upload your logo to them and they will add it if you want.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
This is what my stamp say:
Diego Conde
Photographer
Tel.800-800-8000
(c)
Unauthorized Reproduction Is Prohibited
Credit Must Be Given
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
19 posts Page 2 of 2