Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
16 posts Page 2 of 2
I had the same thing happen to me a year or so ago, duplicate brushes and what I did was hold down the "ctrl+alt+shift key when you start up elements. That can be tricky because you have to hold those keys down just a the right time. Took me about four tries. You have to hold them down just as it starts up, you will know you did this at the right time because you will be asked if you want to reset preferences or something like that. I think this is solve your problem. I wish the elements guru's would jump in here.
another thought..

if you know which ones you want to get rid of?
Change your view to list and highlight the one you want to delete, right click and pick delete.

Just make sure you are getting rid of the correct ones. :oops:

(click the little circle with the triangle on the top right corner of your drop down brush menu to change to list.)
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Okay...thanks everyone. CTRL/ALT/SHIFT did the job. I'm back to "normal..." whatever THAT is in Digi-World. ;)

Shar
:help: I'm confused about the separate folders for brushes. I created a separate folder entitled Brushes in my "Elements Stuff" folder under My Pictures. I then created subfolders and moved all my downloaded stuff to the appropriate folder. When I go into Elements and try to load, my intention is to load that library of brushes, not individual brush sets. However, I'm not seeing an option to load a library. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Is my assumption that I should be able to load a library of brushes incorrect? Help!
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Yes... I think so.

Here is a screen shot of what my brush folder looks like. I have to click on a folder, pick a brush and go from there. Elements will only load one brush set at a time. So will CS but it still shows the last few sets you opened, so if you are working on something your don't have to keep going back to your folder.

Does this help?

oh... the little red circle is where you find the load option for anyone that does not know. :bigwink:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Thanks, Kimi. I was thinking (hoping) that I could load a whole library, i.e., all my grunge brushes, etc. At least I have things compartmentalized and tidy now. I spent the afternoon creating folders for scrap designers, brushes, etc. I'm such a neat freak. :)
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
16 posts Page 2 of 2