Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I learned something the other day and wanted to share it. Kim told me the newsletter 3 was only 28 pages and I suggested it be 29 for leap year. She asked me to create something so I did. She came up with the history on Leap Year and well, you see the green page in the newsletter.

My tip:
I organized the history of Leap Year in a word document and saved it. I made my frog page in CS3 and saved that. Then I tried copy and paste and nothing worked with the word document so I saved it as a pdf. Not knowing if it would work. When I was in CS3 I went to open a new file and opened the pdf file. It worked....should have know, it's adobe!!!! Anyway, it opened and it was all my words with a transparent background so I did the ctrl V and moved it to my frog page. Taaa Daaa......now you have the history of Leap Year on page 29. I'm sure this will work the same way in Elements but have not tried it. If someone does post it here so we know.

Some of y'all may already know that but I didn't.........that's me stepping out of my box!!! :shock:
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
Works as well with PSE6 and probably older versions.
(I used Open Office to export from Word to PDF).
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
oh Jen... you broke 1000! :mrgreen:

Next you get to have Creative Super Powers... I am sooooo jealous. :lol: ;)
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Thanks Michel, I'm glad they work in other versions.

Kimi, you're almost there too........No party so I guess I need to have my own. I will, I guess I will buy myself another book to celebrate...LOL :lol:
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
Jen, it is funny you posted this today. I used this little trick this morning when I needed to add a signature to a .pdf file. You have to have .pdf file selected as a usable document when you install CS for this to work though.

CONGRATS on on reaching 1000.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
5 posts Page 1 of 1