Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
9 posts Page 1 of 1
has anyone used these actions, if so did you like them???

http://www.1clickactions.com/index.html
Hi,

I have most of their sets and think they're great, one of the few plugins or actions that I've not regretted buying. There is if anything too many actions in that it takes a while to get used to which one is suitable for which image but they are very effective and easy to use. One big plus for me is that they allow you to very easily adjust the strength of the effect and unlike some they don't change your original or background layer.

I'm planning to get their texture actions (or even the DVD upgrade) come pay day to complete the set.
I've used the portrait kit and volume 1 the most but there are some good hidden gems in the other sets as well.
Support is also first class and John has always been quick to help with any queries I've had. There was a good review in PSD magazine a few months back (I think you can download it from the 1-click site) and I've noticed there's a Flickr group just started at http://www.flickr.com/groups/1clickactions - last time I looked there wasn't much in it but it might show a few more examples.

CJ Dennis
Thank you so much CJ. I think I am going to try some of them. Oh and welcome to the forum, hope you spend alot of time with us
suzib wrote: Thank you so much CJ. I think I am going to try some of them. Oh and welcome to the forum, hope you spend alot of time with us

Thank you for the welcome. I "stumbled" across the site by accident but I've already downloaded the newsletter and had a look around I'm sure I'll be spending time here.

CJ
I am glad, you will find this a very friendly and helpful place
Well, thanks to winning a super bowl pool, I went on a shopping spree, bought these actions. So far they seem pretty good. The only set that I am not real please with is the split tone but it could be that I haven't found the right image. Also bought LR and Gavin Philips actions (3 sets) all I can say for his actions is WOW. They are terrific, wonderful, great.
Hi,
I really like the split tone set but that might be because I come from a traditional BW darkroom background. One thing I find is that they work best when the opacity of the split tone layer is turned down to 50% or so so look is more subtle.
If you run them on a color image you get some interesting cross-process effects but I stick to BW images for this set.

CJ
Now that could of been my problem with that set. I was running them on a color image. Thanks for the info, I will go back and try them on a B/W
CJ, you were right, they are much better on B/W's. Thank you.
9 posts Page 1 of 1