Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
16 posts Page 2 of 2
Gene, I don't know if you saw this thread..it is about NAPP

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1933
Thank's Jane, I ordered the following books:
1-Adobe Photoshop CS3 for Photographers by Martin Evening this is an encyclopedia of a book great reference.
2-Photoshop Masking and Compositing
3- Layers by Matt K I had it pro ordered since Dec.
4-Layers by Richard Lynch

Thank's brother Chas, I book mark them.

Gene, I used a blue cable that it is used to wire all the VI Government net work I think the problems is my ISP. I download at the office at a 100 miles per hour and at home at 10 MPH using the same cable and I have DSl service. I'm considering switching to Mac so if I do I'll have to ask Adobe to send me CD's for Lightroom and CS3 on Mac version.

Thank you all for the help.
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Don, Let us know what you think of the books you ordered. Looks like you will have a fantastic library for CS3.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
Suzi..
Thanks for the link. Guess I'll hold off on NAPP for now and try to get some good books. Between books and here, that's how I've been learning PSE and LR. And just playing around.

Don:

Sounds like there is a big difference in service between residential and commercial in the VI. I'd do my big downloads at the office then! :D
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
I'm not sure if I should add this here or start a new thread--

I'm wondering about recommendations for books on Photoshop Elemnts 5. I bough Elements 5 for Dummies, because I have never used the program at all. It assumes you know nothing about computers and spend a paragraph telling you how to minimize/maximize/close a file. Then when I looked to see what setting to use for reducing noise, it only defined noise and told me where to go find the reduce noise option. Very, very basic and not so helpful. At least it's nice to know I'm not a "dummie." :D I prefer having someone explain or show me, but that's not always possible. Anyway, I'd love to have at least one great book. So any suggestions?
I started with PSE5 and the book that helped me a great deal was "The Photoshop Elements 5 Book for Digital Photographers" by Scott Kelby. The steps are easy to understand and it helped me learn PS5 quickly and had absolutely no experience with it prior to version 5. That book as been our for awhile now so you may be albe to find a used copy in good condition on Amazon.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
16 posts Page 2 of 2