Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
14 posts Page 1 of 2
OK ! I finally did it. I have my CS3 being delivered to me by mail now. I need someone to explain to me how I can get my actions from elements 4 into CS3. Is there a way to keep them in both versions at the same time? Im assuming all my plug-ins will be automatically tranfered, how wrong am I ?
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
I don't think any of your actions will work in CS3 but go to atncentral and download what they have. There are a ton of them.
As for your plug-ins, no they won't transfer but here is what to do. Make a new folder and copy all the plug-ins you want to use (your add on ones) then put it somewhere where you will remember where it is (my documents is where I put it). Then when you get CS3 loaded and running go to edit preferences>plug-ins, check the additional plug-in folder, then browse to where you have that new folder stored. All the plug-ins you have in that folder will show up in CS3. The only ones that you don't want to put in there are add-ons that are for elements only (like the Onone for elements)
Suzi,
Ok, if my actions from PSE4 wont transfer then how do i get an action into CS3. I dont know why but i always had trouble with the deleting cache thing. Do i have to do it in this? Please if you can can you give me step by step directions.
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
No, loading actions into CS3 is really easy..go to the windows tab and click on history. A box will open that says histroy and action. click on the action tab go down to where is says load action, go to where ever you have the action saved , highlight it and click load. that all there is to it. am posting a screen shot to show you where to click to get to the load actions section. hope this helps

OH WOW !!!! Thank you so much Suzi. That does seem alot easier. 1 more question - im planning on keeping PSE4 along with CS3. Can i download the same actions i have in CS3 while keeping the ones i have in elements? In other words, I have alot of E Z Actions in pse4 can i also download the same ones in CS3 while keeping them at the same time in pse4. Jeez, Do you think i could have made that less rambly - talk about your run on sentences. After all that i hope its clear on what i was trying to say :oops:
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
I don't think the ez actions will work in cs3, you might have to contact the makers and ask them. You can have the same actions, styles, plug-ins in both because you can only have one program open at a time (I think). I know that I have several of the styles and actions in both and almost all my plug-ins are in both. the only ones I didn't duplicated were the Elements specific ones.
Great, Thank you Suzi :)
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
Snowfall, I would recommend trying your PSE4 actions in CS3 before getting new ones. I have some EZ Photo Blast actions that I purchased for PSE5 and they do work in CS3. I have also been able to use many others I downloaded for PSE3 and 5 in CS3

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks Kim. I assumed that where the ez actions for made for elements they would not work in CS3. I wonder if Graffi's will. I am going to have to try them now.
Suzi, when buying the EZ Actions there are different version for Elements and CS but I tried it to see if it would work before getting the CS versions and they do. I just posted the porcelain action in the Show Off your Imagination thread this morning. I have tried Graffi actions and found most of them have worked. I ran across a couple that didn't but don't remember which ones it was.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
14 posts Page 1 of 2