Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
17 posts Page 2 of 2
I decided to join NAPP, after recently attending a seminar in Tampa.
The CS3 seminar was fantastic. Attend if you are able.
I also got a good price for membership+an educator discount.

It does come with free shipping from b&H for camera equipment. And another magazine.
Also received dvd and book on cs3.

I may go and do some reading there (if I can understand the lingo). Seriously doubt I will place a gallery, or post anything outloud.

I had an awful experience with them when I tried to ask a question once, a couple of years ago.
(Using someone else's sign on,I was being shown how to use a forum).
m
Michelle
Just my own two cents worth......
NAPP is definitely a profit driven organization. That said,I'll probably never join it. I guess it works for full photoshop users but they tend to frown on its little brother Elements. With the abundance of free tuts on the web for me there is no need to make Scott Kelby any richer than he already is.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I joined NAPP last spring when I purchased CS3, I don't really use it very much and probably won't renew-I have been doing a trial with Kelby Training and I like the tutorials there. I think the courses for PSE are the same ones available on the PET site-but you can access them at your own speed, not just one a day. Without the NAPP membership, I think it's $19.99/mo-which is the cost of one of the PET courses. There is a range of classes at Kebly, from PSE, PS, photography (Moose Peterson) and Painter. You can try the classes for free if you register at the site ( http://www.kelbytraining.com/online/free-trial.html ). I just wish I had more time . . .

Deb
--------------------------------------------------------------
Deb
Deb, If you join are the classes $19.95 or are they included in the paid memebership?
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
Here is the link to the training..it is 19.99 for non-members and 17.99 for members. Not much of a savings

http://www.kelbytraining.com/online/index.html
Yep, you still have to pay $17.99 if you're a member.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Deb
I attended a CS3 Expo workshop several weeks ago. Matt Kloskowski is a great presenter and I learned some useful things. Was it worth $99? Yeah, it got me out of the office for a day and I won one of the door prizes. Lots of books and DVDs were on sale. I got Kelby's "7 Point System" book for half price. (Like it a lot, by the way.)

That said, a major agenda for the workshop seemed to be to increase NAPP membership. Throughout the day the 250-300 attendees were reminded of the benefits of NAPP membership and those who signed up at the workshop received a free training DVD of their choice. We were told that the re-subscription rate for NAPP is 80%, while most organizations lose half of their memberships at renewal time.

I can't fault them on their recruiting efforts, but I just don't see a real benefit to me. I pick up Photoshop Magazine periodically and while it's slick and glossy, there's not that much content for the price. I've heard others say that the forums are not especially friendly or tuned in to hobbyists, so I don't see a lot of reason to join for the forums. There are tutorials elsewhere...

Your mileage may vary...
Mario
------------
PSE/CS3/D70s

Every picture tells a story, don't it? Rod Stewart.
17 posts Page 2 of 2