Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Does anyone belong to the NAPP website? If so wht do you think about it? Do they have classes like the other elements website has?
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
I belong to it and to tell the truth I very seldom go there. They do have alot of tuts that I have yet to try. I have a tiny gallery and have never used their forum. they are going to start some form of classes but have not yet checked into it.
Suzi, do you find any advantages with the membership? I have thought about it.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
to be honest,,,nooooooooo
Suzi how did it compare to the other elements website? Pretty much the same would you say or not as good? Im struggling with the idea of joining. Its not cheap so i want to get as many responses as i can before i decide.
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
trying to compare the two is like for me comparing apples and oranges. There are a lot of tutorials, written and video. You can get discounts on some stuff. I never have used the forum because I did not find it near as inviting as this one or even the other side. Not as friendly, at least that is my opinion. To me it is more geared to the really advanced and professional users. The best thing to do if you can is go over there and lurk for awhile and see for yourself.
I too was a little disappointed with NAPP membership, granted there are lots of tutorials but many of them are for effects that are of little use, or at least not to me.

It seems a strange mix somehow, gearing itself to professionals to a certain extent but offering tutorials etc that I couldn't imagine a professional using.

I doubt I will renew my subscription.

CJ
I think Richard Linch stated that they are very careless with their content in both magazine and site. They just put stuff to fill the space and make a fast buck. When ever they want to go into a place lets say Arizona Desert to take pictures for themselfs, they invent a "class or semminar so that some body pay their expenses and learn "something"
I have a Kelby book in PSE5 and CS2 and he teach the same thing in both, Now that is a fast way to make a buck. :rotfl:
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
I would have to say, I've been a little disappointed with NAPP too. I've joined, #1, to beef up my credentials, and #2, receive commercial aspects of designing, and discounts....There are many sites and references now that offer the same great tutorials... There are a few more little reasons, but it is all business related rather than photoshop related...
Thank you all for your comments. I've read enough to know what im going to do. I guess i will stick to books, google & this site only. Again, thanx youve saved me alot of money which is always a good thing - (how Martha Stewartish did that sound?)
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
17 posts Page 1 of 2