Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
10 posts Page 1 of 1
OK! I just installed my CS3 and from the get - go I have some questions.

1) I loaded an action that I had in PSE4. Do these actions stay in CS3 like they do in elements or do you have to load them everytime you want to use them? Also i would like to buy some new actions but i dont know what to do after I DL them, how to get them in CS3.

2) I cant get my DL brushes to show up in CS3. I have them in my presets in elements but i thought i would beable to get access to them anywhere.

3) I have my plug-ins in the plug in folder and cant get them to CS3 either.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crying:
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
Hi Linda,
I can only help (hopefully) with one out of 3 of your problems.
I store my brushes in a folder on the desktop. Then once I clicked the brush too (B), go to the little pokey triangle pointing right. With that flyout, look for load brushes and navigate to that folder. I've had no
problem.
As yet I've not added any plug ins or actions.
Best of luck
m
Michelle
The actions stay in CS3 until you delete them
for the plug-in do this edit> preferences> plug-ins>click on choose>browse to where folder is and that's it
I am going to put a couple screen shots for loading brushes and actions..once you do what is shown just browse to where they are kept
Oops the first one show both for the actions and the brushes (left side brushes, right side actions)

actions.jpg
actions.jpg (90.97 KiB) Viewed 1390 times

brushes.jpg
brushes.jpg (78.72 KiB) Viewed 1390 times

if these are too small give a holler and I will post using pixentral
Michelle.
Thank you for your advice but i have all my brushes in my elements preset folder and have no clue how to start a new folder to move them. Plus I dont like anything on my desktop. I was under the impression that i can leave them in elements & also access them in CS3 by going to brushes > load and they would show up, but they dont. Obviously im doing something wrong. This all feels like a baby learning to walk. I hope I didnt make a mistake by buying this. So far im leaning in that direction. :(
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
Suzi, I really cant seem to make it out. Would it be to much trouble to put it on pixentral? I have to say that i really like the look of the action thumbnails in elements much better. In CS3 they look messy & unorganized. Did all this take you a while to get used to?
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
No actually I found it quite easy to get used to.
as for the brushes after you click load just browse to your elements brush folder and load the one you want. I keep a folder of brushes in "my documents folder" and browse to there.

Suzi
Thank you very much. I was wondering if i can go to my brushes folder click on the first brush, Then shift-click on the last one & copy ALL( brushes at the same time) and paste to a new folder in my documents while still keeping them in the brushes folder in elements?
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
There should not be a problem with having the same brushes in 2 folders. One will be in elements and the other somewhere else right?
Suzi, I wanted to thank you for ALL your help & patience showing me how to transfer my actions & plug-ins. But now I can share with you & everyone else what i learned. Insted of clicking on load in the actions palette, after you unzip your action you can drag it and drop it right into your actions palette :thumbsup: . Im so happy to finally share something with everyone insted of asking all the questions. I hope this helps :D
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
I am glad I could be of a help. Thanks, Linda, I didn't know you could do that. Good tip
10 posts Page 1 of 1