Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
16 posts Page 2 of 2
Michel, I am so glad you posted that. I am doing the tutorial and the changes I saw were small. Think I am using the wrong type of image.
Yes, it depends very much on the image. The tutorial is interesting historically to illustrate the 'crossprocess' idea. But I think you get sooner a good result by finding the right technique for a given image than the right image for a technique...
Generally, starting with the channels, you get better results by using the same S-curve on all 3 channels, which boosts the saturation in the midtones without clipping. This is in my opinion an alternative to Lab mode saturation enhancement. Increasing the midtones contrast of each channel 20 to 30% in shadows/highlight will increase saturation.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Thanks again. Michel. Where did you ever learn all this stuff!! boggles my mind
suzib wrote: Thanks again. Michel. Where did you ever learn all this stuff!! boggles my mind

The answer is: by playing, playing... and browsing different forums. I learned the basics in Richard Lynch's books. Then I tried to read about our visual sytem, our perception of tone and color.
Have a look at Richard's blog (November):
http://www.hiddenelements.com/blog/
'Magic tools in Photoshop and Elements'
There is always an explanation for the 'tricks' you find everywhere. The mystery is in our eyes and brains!
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Interesting tutorial, Kimi.

Anita

Attachments

Anita, that looks great.
Big difference with little effort.

Michel, thanks for all the info.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog