Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Is there a way to see all of the images at one time. Not file by file?
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi, I think you meant folder by folder, right? That's the default; still looking to see whether there's another way. I use Lightroom myself; hadn't even opened Bridge before I went looking for the answer to your question.

EDIT: John has the answer for you in next post!
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Kimi,

Yes, but is very slow for large file systems. Try it out on a smaller folder with subfolders and pictures or give it lots of time. On my WInXP 2Gb RAM, 3Gh processor it seems to take about 5-10 minutes.

In the Filter Panel (left hand side), there is a little icon of a folder. Position the mouse over the folder icon and you will see a pop-up that will tell what it will do if you click and it basically toggles between something like "show me this folder only" and "show me this folder and all sub folders".

I just tried it out and even on a small folder/subfolder with about 200 pictures, it is not blazingly fast.

When I first started CS3, I hated bridge because I couldnt see everything at once, probably clicked that thinh more than once and it just takes too long for it to act.

Bridge is a File Browser that does it all on the fly. And that makes it slow. When I downloaded and tested Lr I liked the speed at which it does things, but it is a cataloging/import system like Organzer in PSE4/5.
John
sigh.... I want to work in the Organize with my raw files. :oops:
I miss my Organizer!!@!!

So, is there a way to look at all of the images in LR?
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Yes. Library Module, upper left choice, All Photographs. Faster than Bridge!

Of course, you do have to import all the photos into Lightroom first, although that can be done in such a way that the photos remain in their original folders and are essentially linked to Lightroom (NOT one big folder!)
Chuck
Thanks Chuck!! I am going to try it with the images that I have in LR. I am not moving anything over until I have the new real version.
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
kimi_boo wrote: Thanks Chuck!! I am going to try it with the images that I have in LR. I am not moving anything over until I have the new real version.

I certainly understand that!!
Chuck
7 posts Page 1 of 1