Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I am trying to record an action. :help:

I need to fill the blank layer with a specific color. It will follow everything I record but if I have changed my color palette it fills with the new foreground color instead of the hex code I typed in while recording.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi,

Just tried a test and it worked or seemed to work for me.

Are you clicked on the layer you want to fill prior to starting the action? The one below changes the foreground color, then applies the selectod colour as a fill.

action.jpg
action.jpg (62.13 KiB) Viewed 1571 times
John
I noticed tou tried yours with hex codes - tried that also and worked, no problems.

It changes the foreground colour, then fills it with the selected colour.
John
hmmmm....... John

let me make sure I am doing this correctly. Had never tried to record an action before.

so I start to record. I make a new blank layer, choose my color picker and type in my hex code, I change the blend mode on the colored layer and lower the opacity. then I stop recording.

this is what I did. It worked peachy keen when I tried it because my color was still selected.

But when I tried on another day, it filled with whatever color my foreground was, not the color I had typed in.
can you try changing your color and see if it still goes back to the correct color. Then we know it is obviously operator error. :oops:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi,

I am beginning to dislike the postreply function on this thing. I tried to attach a new image, messed up somwhere, then it somehow lost the message I typed.

Bummer. :evil:

Here we go again.

Yes, I had the foreground colour at something different.

Ran the action and it changed the colour to the one I keyed in during the recording, then filled the layer with that colour.

My action just has the Set Foreground colour and Fill pieces. Here it is again, fully shown. If yours is the same, don’t know what to suggest except to export and post your action and I can take a look at the real deal.

Here is the full action.

action.jpg
action.jpg (46.81 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
John
Thanks for the reply John. I will try recording again. :wave:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
6 posts Page 1 of 1