Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
5 posts Page 1 of 1
sigh... I wanted to import my camera raw images into the organizer.
of course that didn't work.

I downloaded the new ACR, made the switch in Elements and it still doesn't recognize a raw file.
Now that just ticked me off!!

So now I am following the directions on the Adobe site to add the new ACR to CS3 but following the listed address... When I get to my plug-in file. I don't have a file named CS3. I did find my File Format folder which is where it was added in Elements but there is no camera Raw in that folder.

HELP!!!

oh yeah, and if you have any other ideas about why the organizer won't recognize the raw files. Speak up!! :wave:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi,

When you put the new ACR plugin into elements, did you delete the old plugin or rename it. Rename doesnt work, for some reason it still sees it and uses it.

You should be able to verify this by starting the editor, and click on Help, About Plugin, Camera Raw - and see if that is the one you installed.

In CS3 the converter goes here - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS3\File Formats
John
yes, the old one was removed and I checked to make sure the one I left in was the new version.
that is why I don't understand why it still won't recognize the raw images in the organizer.

In CS. I have had the Adobe site open most of the day so I could make sure I am following the correct path. But I do not have a folder named CS3 in my plug in folder. :crying: :crying: :crying:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi, make sure you don't look for it in C:\program files\adobe. You have to look for it in c:\program files\COMMON FILES\adobe.
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
oh Chuck!!! you are the MAN!!

I swear I never saw anything that said common files?

...and operator error strikes again!!

one thing down. now if I could just figure out my organizer and raw files I would be an oh so happy girl!!! :woohoo:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
5 posts Page 1 of 1