Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Got CS3 today and got it installed tonight. Tried to edit a photo, couldn't get the clone tool or healing brush tool to work, switched back and took care of the edits in PSE5. Nothing like a learning curve.... I'm probably nuts to be trying to learn this right now, what with the new camera, lighting set up.... etc.

Does anyone know if the free 30days at Lynda.com start as soon as I registered with Adobe, or does it start when I sign in at Lynda?
It starts when you register at Lynda.

Now that you are playing with the big stuff, head on to radiantvista.com and check out the Workbench and Tutorials. :woohoo:
John
Woo-hoo!

Jane, be sure to start on the free CS3 tutorials before you start your 30 day trial. There are quite a few of those, and it will save you time on the thirty days. They go by fast!!
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
And watch Linda's CD. She goes over setting up your workspace and I hadn't seen that any where else. :wave:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
I watched (or at least tried - I had 2 helpers that were watching and asking questions) the first part of Linda's CD last night. I'll try to get through it first and then look at the on-line stuff.
Linda's CD is really good. I'm going over them continually. So many tips, this aging brain has to work a bit. That's good. You know old dogs and new tricks, etc. :spew:
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
Believe me I know Gail! I'm over 40, blond and sleep deprived.... I'm lucky I can function at all! :biggrin:
Congratulations on your getting CS3. After you get used to CS3 I'm sure you'll love it.

For several years I used Elements and loved it. Last October I bought a new imac and CS3. I wanted Elements but decided to wait until 6 came out [for a mac]. After getting used to CS3 I decided that I didn't need Elements because CS3 was so much better.

I wonder if I made a mistake and should run to the store and get Elements?

Russ
I have to say it was a hard switch over for me but I find I am working in CS the almost exclusively now.

I even have it set up so it open my jpegs in camera raw. Love it!! :biggrin:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Jane, I also work in CS3 almost all the time now. I think CS3 so you know thats a good thing. I can't wait to see what you can do now. The door is wide open for creativity and learning. :chickendance: :puter:
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
17 posts Page 1 of 2