Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I have been downloading some free fonts...can someone please tell me how I can get them into photoshop I am using CS3 I have searched the web for help but I am totally lost
:thanks:
Pam, you can either install them in your Windows\Fonts directory (Look here), then they are available in the type tool dropdown box for fonts (Disadvantage: too many installed fonts can slow down your system);

or, you can unzip them and place them in a separate folder (perhaps on your desktop?). If you do this, you must choose which font you wish to use and open it by double-clicking BEFORE you start the program you want to use it in. (Disadvantage: an extra step to do before you can use the font; no preview from the folder view in Windows)

Let us know if you need more help!
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
I also am having problems seeing fonts after opening PSE. I can see the fonts in Windows/fonts folder but not in PSE. Thanks for any help. :|
When you download fonts they come in a zip floder. You have to unzip them first before you place them in your fonts folder in order for them to work.
Tina B
Thankyou for your help I have managed to do this now
Pam
cbaby, all the fonts are in the windows fonts folder, elements does not have fonts of its own. By the way, welcome to the forum. Hope to see you here often
Or are you saying you are not seeing any fonts in elements????
6 posts Page 1 of 1