Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Please explain....

I am using CS3, setting my crop parameters to 8x10 with a 300 resolution.
After I crop and check the image size. It says the image is now a 10x12.5 with a resolution of 240.

Maybe 10x12, I could understand but where the heck is the .5 coming from and what is going to happen when I send them to get printed? (I need to do that today)

I am so confused. :o
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Wow, that is weird. I just tried doing that in my CS3 and had no problem at all. Sorry, can't help cuz I can't get the same results you did.
Kimi,

I dont know how you are checking size but 10x12.25 at 240 ppi is the same as 8x10 at 300 in terms of aspect ratio and pixel density.

I have tried it several times and cant get the crop tool to behave like what you report.

Maybe some more details?
John
John.. that is all I needed to know! Thanks!!! :biggrin:

All I am doing is selecting my crop tool, setting height, width and resolution in the top tool bar.
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi,

I don't know what went wrong, but you only have to open the file resize menu, leave resample image unchecked and state 300 dpi, you'll get what you want.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
well, I sent them to print like they were. :oops:
hopefully they will be ok? I am turning two of them in for my camera club competition.

Michel, next time I will go back in and change my resolution.
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
I am pretty sure it will be ok without resizing.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Kimi: Not sure why it's reverting when you go to Image>Resize but...

8 inches by 10 inches by 300 pixels per inch = 2400 pixels by 3000 pixels.

10 inches by 12.5 inches by 240 pixels per inch = 2400 pixels by 3000 pixels.

In plain terms, they're the same pixel dimensions. However, if you want to print as an 8 by 10, you need to use the top set. Which, of course, is what you tried to do but CS3 is resisting. Maybe you need to delete/reset preferences - remember that trick from Elements?
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
sigh.... I picked up my prints and it cropped some off the edge.
Now was this because I didn't have my resolution set to 300 on the image that was uploaded?

Chuck, I will give resetting my preferences a try. :doh:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi, if that doesn't work, just crop as you did before (8 inches, 10 inches, 300 ppi) then go to Image Size, UNcheck resample, and change the linear dimensions to 8 inches by 10 inches; the resolution (ppi) should change to 300. Then say OK and save as JPEG for printing. That really should do it.
10 posts Page 1 of 1