Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
14 posts Page 1 of 2
I have CS3 and recently started having a problem with my layers mask. I was able to use it before to "erase" some of the layer to expose whats underneath but now it's not working. I've tried switching back and forth between black and white for the foreground and nothing helps. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong or what I could try to fix it?
Thanks!!
Can you post a screenshot of your work space. Might be able to figure it out from that. One thing but I think you are more advanced than this, are you using the right brush??
What is happening when you use the brush??
I'm using the paint brush. For some reason it works when I use the eraser tool. Have I totally lost it??
I don't know how to post my screen shot :crying:
use this site, link below...after you get the picture up there..scroll down and triple click on the bottom url, then go to edit copy, then come here and paste it into your post. If you need more help with pixentral give a holler.

http://www.pixentral.com/

You might try resetting your tools, see if that works.
hgsfrmme2u wrote: I'm using the paint brush. For some reason it works when I use the eraser tool. Have I totally lost it??

Double check that you are really using the brush(there are 4 nested). If you accidently got the impressionist brush-it won't paint on a mask.

It's really small, does it help?
In CS3, there are only 3 brushes - no Impressionist Brush is selectable.

I am waiting to see a screen shot, maybe a full one and one cropped to the Layers palette only - when you are trying or should be trying to paint black or white to the layer mask.

This makes no sense - it sounds like it is performing more like a clipping group than a layer mask.

If you need more details on how to get a screen print and post it, let us know.
John
Just saw the post. It really is small, but it looks like you have the brush mode set to Overlay.

Try changing it to Normal.
John
14 posts Page 1 of 2