Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I have Photoshop CS3 the standard edition. There is a new folder in My Documents. It is named Version Cue.
I see on-line that Version Cue comes with Adobe products. Before I purchased CS3 I had downloaded the trial version. Is that possibly when this folder was created? Is it still needed if I only have Photoshop CS3?
It is an empty folder and I would like to delete the folder, but I need to know if it is a necessary file for the standard edition of Photoshop CS3?
[url]http://www.sheilascorner.com/photography.html[/url]
Shelia, right click on the folder and view the properties to see when if was created. If it was part of the trial and not modified from you purchase date then I would say delete it.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Hi Shelia, first off, YEAH BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, back on topic. Playing around with CS3 and reading some of the help files I came across this on Version Cues. Hope it helps you decide if you should delete the file or not.

About Version Cue
Version Cue is a file-version manager included with Creative Suite 3 Design, Web, and Master Collection editions that consists of two pieces: the Version Cue Server and Version Cue connectivity. The Version Cue Server can be installed locally or on a dedicated computer and hosts Version Cue projects and PDF reviews. Version Cue connectivity, included with all Version Cue-enabled Creative Suite components (Acrobat, Flash, Illustrator, InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, and Bridge), enables you to connect to Version Cue Servers.

Use Version Cue to track versions of a file as you work and to enable workgroup collaboration such as file sharing, version control, backups, online reviews, and the ability to check files in and out. You can organize Version Cue-managed files into private or shared projects.

Version Cue is integrated with Adobe Bridge: Use Bridge as a file browser for Version Cue projects. With Bridge, you can access Version Cue Servers, projects, and files, and view, search for, and compare information about Version Cue-managed assets.

Use Version Cue Server Administration to create and manage user access, projects, and PDF reviews; administer backups; export content; and specify advanced Version Cue Server information.

For a video on using Version Cue, see http://www.adobe.com/go/vid0112.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thank you. I followed your advice and discovered it was added when I downloaded the trial version. Also I have CS3 on my laptop too and the version cue folder is not on there. So I deleted it from my desktop.
[url]http://www.sheilascorner.com/photography.html[/url]
Shelia, it isn't anywhere on my laptop either and that is why I posted what I did.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
5 posts Page 1 of 1