Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
23 posts Page 1 of 3
LR presets to Camera Raw actions to use in CS3?

Suzi gave us all those lovely presets but I would rather work in Camera Raw and CS3 and apply that way. :oops:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi, this seems to work but it's tedious. Here's what I did:

1. In Lightroom, pick a RAW image in Develop mode.
    2. Apply a preset to the image.
    3. Right-click on image; Metadata>Save Metadata to FIle.
    4. Open same image in ACR; it should open with changes from the Lightroom preset already applied.
    5. Go to the last tab in ACR (presets). Click on the little new page symbol at the bottom of the dialog. It will prompt you to save a new preset. Accept all the defaults and save using the same name as the Lightroom Preset.

Now the preset is available to apply to other images from within ACR

You can go then go back to Lightroom, undo the preset on the chosen image, Save Metadata to file again and start with the next preset.

Surely there's an easier way....must be a conversion routine out there somewhere!
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Kimi, I read this somewhere and it works great. All you need to do is to copy the xmp file from the preset to camera raw. Here's the path:

C:\Documents and Settings\[Owner Name]\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings

When you open Camera Raw and go to the Presets tab, your preset will be there, for example "Matt's Summer Haze" which I just loaded.

Give it a try. I now have a bunch of Lightroom presets in Camera Raw.

Anita
Anita, where do you find the xmp files for the Lightroom presets?

Sounds like a very simple process!
Chuck
Chuck, when I've downloaded Lightroom presets there's usually been two items in the download, one of which is the xmp file. All you need is that file. Works like a charm.

Anita
O Lordy.... Chuck!

that may be way over my head. :roll:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
westiemom wrote: Chuck, when I've downloaded Lightroom presets there's usually been two items in the download, one of which is the xmp file. All you need is that file. Works like a charm.

Anita

Oh....all the ones I've downloaded are .lrtemplate with no .xmp. Oh, well...guess I'll have to stick to the hard way if I choose to move some to ACR. :crying:
Chuck
Anita... I think I can probably handle that one. :woohoo:

Here is my next question. Can I make a folder and name it something with all the presets dumped in there?
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi, if your presets came with .xmp files along with the .lrtemplate files, you can use Anita's technique. Check that first.

I went back to my Zip files of downloaded presets - alas, none had .xmp files. Anita, your source must have intended to provide presets for both applications. That's nice!
Chuck
I've been searching around trying to remember where I downloaded the presets. It's over on the Napp site. There's a thread in the forum, where people have posted presets downloads with the xmp files. They have quite a few posted.

Anita
23 posts Page 1 of 3