Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
23 posts Page 2 of 3
Chuck all the ones I downloaded from Suzi in the newsletter are xmp. (I think)

Checked her download. they are not all but there are quite a few. :biggrin:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi, that's good news! Unfortunately, all the ones from Matt K on Lightroom Killer Tips are lrtemplate only. Oh, well....at least they work well in Lightroom and I can open up afterward in CS3 when needed.
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Yes, Kimi, they are all xmp's and Chuck I did alot of Matt's presets...am slowing working on getting all the LR presets I have converted to xmp's for ACR. When I get more done I will include them in a newsletter as a freebie
Suzi, are you doing the conversion in a similar fashion to what I described in my first post on this thread - or is there a different/better/faster approach? Thanks!
Chuck
Yes, Chuck that is how I am doing it. It is slow going but it works. There is another way that I saw on the NAPP forum but is much slower and more work. I am hoping to have another 40 or 50 done for the next newsletter. If I can keep track of the ones I have already done, I was not very organized on the last ones.
and Suzi... just to make sure I understand correctly.
The downloads from the newsletter are for LR correct? Not camera raw?
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
no, Kimi they are for camera raw!!!!
If the extension is .xmp, it works in ACR; if the extension is .lrtemplate, they're for Lightroom. Would be nice if Adobe made them easily interchangeable, but....not yet... :idea:
Chuck
suzib wrote: no, Kimi they are for camera raw!!!!

now I am more confused. :oops:
all of my actions say actions and these do not? They will still work like actions???
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi, if you downloaded the presets from the newsletter..they should say xmp file..you use them in camera raw as a preset. You load them into your camera raw presets
23 posts Page 2 of 3