Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi there.....I'm new here......love this site.

I'm creating a collage and want rounded corners vs. square. Can someone assist me with this.

Thanks so much,
Bridget
Could try selecting a large oval with the oval marque tool>select>inverse>delete.
Here are some another ways..doing some googling. Welcome to the forum, hope to see you here often

Photoshop Round Rectangles with Autoshapes
This is a simple and flexible method for creating rounded rectangles works in Photoshop 6 or higher.

To create a rounded rectangle tool using autoshapes you need to select the auto-shapes tool rounded rectangle tool
Select the appropriate roundness from the setting and drag it out onto the canvas.
Now you have a path in the shape of a rounded rectangle. Choose the Direct Selection Tool from the tools panel (or press A), now to turn the path into a selection right click and choose make selection.
You can also fill or stroke the path or turn the path into a vector mask.

http://www.growinghappiness.com/2008/04 ... photoshop/

http://photoshop911.typepad.com/help/20 ... nd_co.html

Open your image file or create a new one.
Click SELECT/ALL.
Go to SELECT/MODIFY/SMOOTH and enter a radius. The higher the radius, the more rounded the corners will be. 20 is a good place to start. Repeat as needed until you have the roundness of the corners that you want.
Go to EDIT/COPY/PASTE.
In the LAYERS window, delete the “background”. You will be left with your rounded image.
Ideally, it should be saved as a PNG-24 to preserve the rounded corners.

http://www.photochopz.com/forum/member- ... rners.html
thanks so much for the instructions. I'll give it a try today.

Bridget
Hope it helps, if not just give a holler.
I cannot drag my shape layer below my photo layer. I only have 2 layers. From what I can tell my screen is identical to the instructions posted on growinghappiness.com.

It seems very simple but I'm unable to drag layer. I tried several times....I keep getting the circle with the line through the middle. Hope that makes sense.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Suzie for taking the time of post those links. They look like wonderful sites.

Bridget
After looking I had my layer locked.....now I tried to trim transparent layer and I still have little white corners. Please help.....I know this is probably sooooo simple but I'm not getting it.

Thanks again,
Bridget
I should mention that when I tried to put a stroke color around the pic the white tips were still there.
If you zoom in real close you will see that what looks like white is actually transparent but if you save it as a jpeg it will become white. To keep the rounded effect save as a png or psd. I am assuming that you want to used these pictures as part of your collage. Just drag the rounded corner image on top of your main collage page and you should see nothing but the rounded image. If this doesn't work for you let me know and I will send you some screenshots and better instructions.

click on picture to see larger view

Thanks soooo much Suzi.....I got it.

Bridget
11 posts Page 1 of 2