Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I see CS 4 is for sale on Adobe's website. Is it ready to be sent and used? Has anyone had access to it? If so what do you think? I also see there is a special offer of 30% off Lightroom if you upgrade both Lightroom and CS3 at the same time.
I usually get the DVD of a program I purchase. But I am wondering if purchasing the online download would be just as good a deal? I know it would save on mail cost. Are there any additional special features on the DVD?

Has anyone ordered either the New Lightroom version (2) Or the new Photoshop version (CS4)?
[url]http://www.sheilascorner.com/photography.html[/url]
I have LR2 and love it. Could not be without it now!!!
What especially do like better about it?
[url]http://www.sheilascorner.com/photography.html[/url]
Wow, that is a hard one. I like the editing that I can do in it the best.
I have LR and i do plan on upgrading to CS4.

i think you have to do what is best for you, what fits your needs. :bigwink:
I bought LR basically to organize my images. I hated bridge. I am now finding myself doing a little editing in there before I go to photoshop. But I would have to pick CS# over LR any day!
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
I am currently using Lr 2 and CS3.

Don't plan to make the upgrade to CS4, at least based on what I know about it now, but am looking forward to finding out more about what is new with the package. Will probably upgrade to CS5 or CS6 (or whatever Adobe calls it) to keep the upgrade price route open.

As to Lr, I was a big user of Organizer and tagging and found Bridge was too slow, especially when looking across the entire collection of my images. Found Lr did that in spades and now do all of my image correction in Lr, then pop into CS3 for local edits. On my system, the local adjustments available in Lr are S L O W and frustrating.

Apparently this in not an uncommon complaint and they are working on improving performance.

I started in with Lr in February of 08 and wouldn't do without it now!
John
I currently do 90% of my photo processing in LR2, and export to CS3 for the finishing touches. This works out great for me, but then I don't do much of the more artistic stuff that a lot of you do on your images in PSE/CS, whatever version you use. :)

I have looked at CS4 a little, and viewed the CS4 videos, but I'm not quite sure I need to upgrade from CS3 yet. Still thinking about that one. LR2 can do a lot of the same things in regards to just pure photo processing. Scott Kelby and Matt K. have some interesting discussions on line regarding LR2 and CS that might help you make up your mind if you're thinking about it or are on the fence. You can see them here. There is also a discussion of LR2 vs CS4 there too that is interesting. Check out the LR vs Photoshop discussion.

Scott's blog also has some videos on LR2 and CS that you may find interesting. They are a little over halfway down the page at this time.

I'm not trying to make a sales pitch here for LR2, but if you're seriously thinking about it, you may want to look at the videos. CS/PSE and LR have their places and uses, and its up to each of us to decide which are best for what you do.

Also, Scott and Matt have a discussion on line around the problems (some call it a conspiracy theory) that some people are having with LR2. The good news is Adobe is working on an update that will address a lot of the issues that should be available soon. It's in beta testing now.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
7 posts Page 1 of 1