Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
4 posts Page 1 of 1
It's mostly the sun on dad's arm....it's overexposed. How can I fix it in cs2 or can I. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bridget

Attachments

Sorry, Bridget, I don't think you can.

There's nothing there - it's blown out. Look at the faces, especially the children. They are also just a bit overexposed - but not to the point of being blown. You can do something with those.

IMG_6721%20resize.jpg
IMG_6721%20resize.jpg (144.95 KiB) Viewed 1342 times

I'm using Elements; assume it's about the same in Photoshop. Put a blank layer on top. Filled it with 50% Gray. Changed the blend mode of that layer to Soft Light (Overlay will also work). With Black as foreground color, paint over where you want to darken the image. Use a soft brush with brush opacity at 15%-18% ... work it up slowly.

You can see how those faces were toned down just a bit. You could paint all day on that arm and pants leg, even at 100% opacity, and nothing is going to happen. There aren't any pixels there.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
It reminds me of a problem I had when a friend wanted one photo of her face and one of her body - but her face had a suntan and her neck and arms didn't. I made a highly-feathered selection of the light areas and put it on a new layer CTRL-J. I sampled part of the darker colour and filled the selected area - Alt+backspace then adjusted the opacity of the layer. You might want to do a bit of cloning or painting as well.

I don't know if this will help.
The best angle to approach a problem is the try angle.

Ann

Ann's Gallery
Try cloning from his other arm.
4 posts Page 1 of 1