Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
10 posts Page 1 of 1
I have cs2. I'm trying to create a christmas card and put "Oh by golly have a holly, jolly christmas" around the photo. Can someone give instructions on how to do this? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Bridget
Bridget, you can put your text on a path. That is not something that I am proficient in. Hopefully someone will come along with some answers or a helpful link. :P
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
Hi! Is it a rectangular photo? Am I right in understanding that you want text around the edge of the photo? Then it is very easy. Take your pen tool, set it to path(Square with pen on the tool bar), not shape . Click once at the top left corner, then top right, bottom right and bottom left. Then move to the top left again and click when a small circle appears next to the pen tool cursor. Change to the text tool and move close to the path you made until you see the text cursor with a diagonal bar near the bottom. Click, then start typing. Adjust your text as usual using leading, tracking, size, etc. until it suits you.

Hope this works. If you have another shape, you have to make curves with the pen tool, which is a bit trickier. Let me know if you can work it out this way.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Reka... I pretty much know what I am doing and that sounds hard. :rotfl:
I need to give it a try when I have some time. I would really like to get the whole path thing down.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
When Reka was doing CS homework she did one on this subject. Sure do miss those assignments!!!

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1580
kimi_boo wrote: Reka... I pretty much know what I am doing and that sounds hard. :rotfl:
I need to give it a try when I have some time. I would really like to get the whole path thing down.

I am actually beginning to get the hang of it. The key to the whole thing is...surprise! Practice, practice, practice. It really isn't that hard, it's sort of like learning to drive a gear shift. Just hard till you get the sequence of moves down. :biggrin: :bigwink:

Edit: Boy, is the forum acting weird today!
Reka
ImageMOM

I noticed that too, Reka. I could not get on for quite awhile. Maybe Spyder is making some changes, I hope.
:woohoo: Maybe he is working on e-mail notification??!!
Reka
ImageMOM

I have been pestering him for e-mail notification on comments made in the gallery for a few months now. I sure would like that. Half the time I miss them because I don't go back and check the image.
10 posts Page 1 of 1