Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
10 posts Page 1 of 1
This is a little off topic but....
It looks like I need to upgrade to full Photoshop even though I love my elements. The hardware requirements limit me to CS3 Extended. I have found several online sources for discount CS3 but am a little leary of some.

I found "Cheap Softwares" "link deleted" and they advertise full version, liscensed

"All the products come with commercial license, no trial, upgrade or academy."

Has anyone used them or do you know of a reliable source for this older version.

Thanks, Ron
Before I was just tired now I'm retired!
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/23789
Ron, I haven't never bought from them but I would stay away from them. I think I heard some not so good stuff on another site
ok, that place gave me the creeps. :o
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
So what do I do. CS4 requires more than my hardware but CS3 would work. I need to find a legit copy of CS3 somewhere. I had PhotoShop 7 so I could do an upgrade.

I have Mac PowerBooK PowerPC G4 1.5 gHz with 1.5 meg Ram and OSX 10.5.6.
CS4 requirements are G5 1.8 ghz

Sorry for wineing.

Ron
Ron,

The problem is not too many legitimate places carry CS3/4. You might try Camera stores in your area to see if they have any old stock.

If that fails, and I think it is likely to fail, I would suggest talking to Adobe and see what can be done.
John
I agree...everyone is saying CS4 is a ram hog.
Have you contacted Adobe to see what kind of price you can get on the upgrade?
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
I have never heard of that site either, and I tried a quick search of Google and they didn't even come up with it on the pages I looked at. Now there is a site called cheapsoftware.com that has been around for awhile. Notice, its "cheapsoftware" and NOT "cheapsoftwares". I have never bought from them either, but have not heard anything bad about them. Cheapsoftware.com does carry CS4, and when I hit their link, it took me to Amazon. Their price is $10 off list. Not really cheap, if you ask me, but $10 is $10.

But a site that claims to sell full, legal versions of current software at 30% of the list price has got to be doing something shady. I doubt the deal they are getting is coming from Adobe.

And Amazon has 1 copy of CS3 available, upgrade version, for $190 as of the time I am writing this (10:45 PM ET) They also have the full version of CS3 for $649.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
genevh wrote:
And Amazon has 1 copy of CS3 available, upgrade version, for $190 as of the time I am writing this (10:45 PM ET)

RUN!!!!!
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Well I found a solution. Since my hardware won't work with CS4, I found a legit vendor on Ebay who was selling Original CS3 full editon. I won an auction and have taken delivery. It was an unopened, new version that I have registered with Adobe and am all set to go.

It took awhile but patience paid off.

RonH
Congratulations! You'll love it! Plus, you now have upgrade options if you change PCs! (I would love to have CS4 if it weren't so spendy, but I can't justify it after just having bought CS3!)
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
10 posts Page 1 of 1