Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
55 posts Page 2 of 6
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
oh Kim... that is wonderful!! :mrgreen:

how did you get your points. I just couldn't do it? :cry: It kept pulling the whole thing even when I was only on the one point I wanted to move.

Looks like you did better with your satin contours also. :P

I'm gonna have to give it another try. :?
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi, the points were tricky little buggers. You just gotta keep picking one of the little squares in the outline until you get the right one. Sure wish CS would let me undo more than once with Ctrl Z. Would have been alot faster. The satin, I just played with it until I liked something.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Sounds interesting.
I made it as far as the link...then I clicked to dL video. It made a "click" noise...but that is it.
Shall try later
m
Michelle
I love Bert Monroy's videos. This one was a lot of fun and contained a lot of "aha" moments. Working with paths and the pen tools is amazing, and the filters on the mask was interesting. I could play around for hours.
Here's what I came up with:
weatheredtext.jpg
weatheredtext.jpg (98.62 KiB) Viewed 544 times

Kimi, to get the points, you need to use the Direct Selection Tool. Did you have that one? I added a few points on my letters so I could get those icicles in the curves.

Kim, I like yours. It looks like it is welded to the page. That must be pretty stable love!! :D
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Reka.... how fine!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Thats great Reka. I would love to have one of those tablet computers he uses. Maybe when I hit the lottery.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks, Kim and Kimi.

Kimi, I have to apologize to you. Yours looks great too, and I didn't mention it. I guess I am just to used to you always doing beautiful work. :oops: Did you get a hold of the single point? :)

Kim, I think this is a great idea. Go through the Bert Monroy vids one by one and share our work and experiences. If you don't have time for it, I would take care of it. I don't see how you have time for all the stuff you do, anyway.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Reka... great idea. Pick a day and pick a video. Try and keep ours numbered so the new ones getting CS will be able to go back and work them.

I would like to work the whole path thing a little more, then tackle the pen tool. ;)
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Reka, great idea to go through the videos and post a different one for everyone to try. And thanks for the tip on the directional tool for the points.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Making progress here.
I got this far using cs3. Not done as yet, but it is a start.

Attachments

Michelle
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
55 posts Page 2 of 6