Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
19 posts Page 2 of 2
genevh wrote:
C:\Documents and Settings\{yourname}\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Presets\Actions

That's the first or second place I looked, but my folder there is empty.

And mine is empty as well. So much for that advice.... :? :oops:
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
And mine is empty as well. So much for that advice...

Isn't Winders grand? So many places to hide things! :help:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
yeah... thanks Chuck. :rotfl:
I ran a search on the atn files. I came up with 61. I copied those to a folder on my desktop. I have about 67 or 68 actions. It doesn't show the totally rad ones. Now I have to decide which ones I don't have in the folder and manually copy those over.
what a pain!!

So if I install all of them into the preset folder after the new install. Will they all work from there are will I have to load them again?
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi,
You can send an email to Doug Boutwell for your totally rad actions. Last year I lost one of my actions & I e-mailed the person I bought them from & she e-mailed them to me again.
These things get so expensive.
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
Linda.. good to know. I haven't lost anything yet. I am trying to make all precautions so that doesn't happen on my uninstall.
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Just curious.

Why do you have to uninstall and then re-install?

If you are doing this right away, don't forget to deactivate before uninstalling - Help, Deactivate.

If you are doing this to install on another computer, my understanding is that all you have to do is deavtivate, install and activate on the new computer. Then when done, deactivate and activate on the "old" computer.
John
John... I have never heard of deactivate.

I am having issues with CS3 on my new computer. I have never felt like I had a good install when I first put it on. I forgot to turn off my virus protection. (maybe that made a difference?)

Things just don't work like they should. Even something as simple as Ctrl O to open does not work. I also keep having memory issues with the software. The only thing I haven't tried at this point is a new clean reinstall.

I want it to work like it does on my laptop.
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
The deal is with CS3, you can only have it active on 2 systems at a time. You can actually have is installed on multiple systems and as long as it is active on 2 only you are in compliance with Adobe license requirements.

You need to be connected to the Internet in order to do this. If you do not, you will probably be able to recover, but you will require the long call to Adobe technical support.

So, once you get your actions squared away, deactivate, uninstall, I would reboot, install, activate and you should be OK.

I also believe the Adobe uninstall will not delete your individual actions, but better safe than sorry.

Let us know what happens when you reload the program.
John
Thanks for the info John. :love:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
19 posts Page 2 of 2