Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
12 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi All,
I reset my text tool and also reset CS3 upon restarting photoshop cs3. My Cursor is Huge when using the text tool. It is much bigger than the text. It was working correctly prior to the resetting and cannot remember how I corrected this before. Does anyone have any idea how to make it the same size as text. I also tried different resolutions and different fonts but it is still HUGE!
Thanks
Jancy
----------------
Jancy's Gallery
Jancy

Can you tell me what happens when (while typing) you change the font size and type the very next letter?

Also, when you say you reset CS3, do you mean you held down Control+Alt+Shift (Mac: Command+Opt+Shift) while you started the application?

This issue seems very bizzare!
Hi Panos,
While typing my cursor goes right after the next letter. Then today when I opened CS3 I got a message saying initializing type tool. It just seems as though my cursor is very big and when I want to move my text without control T I am way below the text. Yes I did control alt shift when starting to reset.
Thanks

Attachments

Jancy
----------------
Jancy's Gallery
That's quite strange; this should happen only when you change the font size while typing. And what is more bizzare is that the resetting of the PS preferences did not remedy the situation! :geek:
Yes strange it is Panos! Well who knows maybe it will all of a sudden work. I did notice it wasn't as big with a couple of fonts, but it mostly is pretty big. I'll post back if somehow it works itself out. My fingers are crossed!
Thank you
Jancy
----------------
Jancy's Gallery
Jancy, have you shut down and restarted your computer? Sometimes I find that solves some of the oddities that occur when Photoshop bugs out on me!
Lorri
Hi Lori I have shut this down so many times, today it does seem to be not so big. Hopefully it will just work itself out. It is odd though I must say. :?
Jancy
----------------
Jancy's Gallery
Like others have said, resetting or restarting usually takes care of weird stuff.

Do you have a font management program installed?

Where is your font installed? (do you have all of your fonts installed or do you install just the ones you use or do you just open your font management program to use your font?)

Are you having problems with all of your fonts and all types(kinds) of fonts?

(I'm alittle confused on what you are saying....when I type, my cursor is bigger than my font and the cursor goes below the line(how far below the line depends on the font). When I commit the font and then do a transform, the box lines up at the top and does below the line because it needs to incase you have say a j, g, or a letter like that).

Take 6 different fonts and lay them all on 1 page. Make sure to use a G, Y, J, those type, small and large and see what happens. I'm thinking the font used is what makes the difference. Assuming your not making any changes to the "Vertical Scale" or "Baseline Shift" in the charcter font palette that is causing this.
Hi,
I do not have a font manager installed and the fonts that I am using are in my fonts folder in my control panel. So the ones that I am using are installed. I had this problem once before and I do not remember what I did but it started working fine. The other day things got a litlle strange so I reset everything and I also reset upon starting CS3. So the large cursor showed up again, but just today it seems to be ok.
Thanks
Jancy
----------------
Jancy's Gallery
Jancy, are you sure it isn't just the Scriptina font? The cursor is huge on mine, too. I think it must be the maximum size of the font from the highest point above to the lowest point below the line, and with Scriptina, that is pretty big.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
12 posts Page 1 of 2