Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I have downloaded a nice selection of textures from deviant art. I have installed them in the textures folder in CS3. I don't know where to find them when in the program though?? :doh:

I'm sure I'm overlooking something but I don't see anyplace to get them?? I know I can save them as pics and pull them in through the organizer (that's what I've done before) but it seems there must be a snazzy way to see all my textures while in CS??

:help:
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
Sony DSC H1, Canon Powershot A590 IS
Hi Michelle, first you have to save them as .psd files. Then load them into yor textures folder. Then in CS go to FIlter>Texture and there will be a drop menu next to the texture name in the textures window. CLick that arrow and your list of textures should be there.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I just save mine as jpeg files and use them as I need. :P
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
I got it.. they are asl files so I can put them in the files folder. I know where to get those in program. I usually just save as psd or jpg and load them from the organizer but I downloaded right many sets and thought it would be easier to browse them in the editor.

:thanks:
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
An .asl file isn't a texture, its a layer style.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Hahha .. I just saw where I typed 'files' folder .. I meant to say styles folder.. LOL I haven't had trouble with layer styles or brushes. Just these 'textures'.. :doh:

Knew it was something simple..

:thanks:
Michelle K.
My Gallery

PSE 5-6, CS3
6 posts Page 1 of 1