Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I just upgraded from PSE7 to CS4. I have opened it just to see if it worked but have not done anything else. Where do you suggest I start? Are there some books that I should read first? I hope the learning curve will not be too steep!!
Thanks for any help!
Kay
I don't have "CS anything" but, you say you have upgraded from Elements. I am going to assume then that you already know how to use Elements. Right?

If that's the case, I would look for some free tutorials -- the internet is loaded with them -- and just start working thru some of the step-by-step instructions. The goal is to start getting familiar with features in Photoshop that are not present in Elements.

From what people here have said (those that use Photoshop), the learning curve after already knowing Elements is not at all difficult.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Hi Kay,

There are a lot of sites, including some that may have come bundled with the software - possibly Lindas (came with my upgrade version of CS3).

One of my favourite sites is http://www.msjphotography.com/

and check out the whats new is CS4 - http://www.msjphotography.com/index.php ... oshop-cs4/

and the weekly Workbench and Workbench Archive.
John
There are some classes here, that Reka did. Look in the CS section. You will have to go back a ways to find then.Also try the tutorials here and do the challenges, it is a great way to learn.
Welcome to the forum!!

Link to Reka classes, this one starts at 2 and goes from there
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=711
Thanks Suzi, John and Rusty!! I will try your suggestions and see if I can grow! I really like this site and I knew I could get some suggestions here!

Thanks a bunch!
5 posts Page 1 of 1