Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I am trying to open a PNG file in Photoshop CS 4.

I get this error message:
Could not complete your request because the file format module cannot parse the file.

I thought Photoshop opened png files? Is there a way to open the file?
[url]http://www.sheilascorner.com/photography.html[/url]
Yes, Photoshop does open, and create, png files. So it should work... I am not familiar with that error though. Sorry.

Edit - Um, I may be even more un-helpful than I first thought. I use Elements, not CS. So I guess I really can't assume that CS opens PNG files just because PS and PSE do. :doh:

Courtney
CS does support .png. Never seen that message before and I use .png files all the time. Sounds like it could be a corrupt file. Did you try closing CS and restarting and try again. Maybe even restart your computer.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Did a little searching and it seems the most common method of fixing that error is to try and open it in another program, like Irfanvew or MS's Picture Viewer, and then try it again in CS. From what I was able to find, CS won't open what it thinks is a damaged file, no matter how small the damage may be. But once it is opened in something else, it straightens it out and then CS no longer sees it as damaged.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
4 posts Page 1 of 1