Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
32 posts Page 1 of 4
Let's give our creativity and our knowledge of Photoshop a boost with this week's Pixel Perfect video with Bert Monroy!

This week we will shed some light on the magic of Photoshop. ;)

Here is the embedded video page, and here is the direct download link (much better quality, but large file: 60-120MB). Do right-click>save target as to save it to your hard disk, or click to view in your browser.

If you don't happen to have an image of a wizard with wand handy, or some other suitable image, feel free to download this image I have prepared to use in the tutorial.

You will also need to open a new file, 1000x1000px at 72dpi, white, to get started.

Go for it!

Edit: All of the images I have made for this series can be seen in this gallery, so you can browse and choose which week looks interesting to you!
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Here are my tries from today (have done it 5-6 times already to practice :shock: ).

PP1_lightning _1.jpg
PP1_lightning _1.jpg (140.79 KiB) Viewed 1412 times

PP1_lightning _2.jpg
PP1_lightning _2.jpg (105.6 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
How fun-First try but need to try again...
Old-Man-Wizard.jpg
Old-Man-Wizard.jpg (149.22 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
Jancy
----------------
Jancy's Gallery
Reka and Jancy that is great. I love the different versions. I'm going to give this one a go tonight. Off to basketball tournament with my son. Wish me luck. :P
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
OK I am now confused--I am on the 2nd part of the video where he makes the canvas bigger on top, that is fine now I got as far as erasing to make the light come off the wand and I need to change Hue/Sat and colorize. When I do that the whole wizard changes color., not just the lightning. When I click Hue Sat it adds an adjustment layer to the top as in the 1st attachment but when he does it there is none on his (2nd attachment). I am confused. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong. :?
Hue-Sat.jpg
Hue-Sat.jpg (14.53 KiB) Viewed 1370 times
Video Hue Sat.jpg
Video Hue Sat.jpg (27.7 KiB) Viewed 1368 times
Jancy
----------------
Jancy's Gallery
Jancy, are you using PSE or PS? That could be the difference.
Jen Clark
Canon 7D/50D, 5D Mark II, Lenses: 16-35m 2.8L, 85m 1.2L, 85m 1.8, 50m 1.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 1.4 extender
Currently working with CS5/LR3/Aperture 2
http://imagesbyjeniferclark.com ...Images by Jenifer Clark...
I am using CS3--When I did the one above with the old man I had the adjustment layer and then I merged them. Do you think it's because of the different version, then I have to merge? This is what I am doing to change the hue sat.
Hue Sat Adju.jpg
Hue Sat Adju.jpg (11.81 KiB) Viewed 1364 times
Jancy
----------------
Jancy's Gallery
Everyone's images look great. Nice pick Reka.

Jancy, I hope you get it. I have an idea in mind but I can't get to it for a while.
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Can't wait to find out what you are brainstorming Kimi!!
Jancy
----------------
Jancy's Gallery
I need loads of practice on this one...Reka yours came out great!!!
WIZARD-AND-WAND.jpg
WIZARD-AND-WAND.jpg (64.67 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
Jancy
----------------
Jancy's Gallery
32 posts Page 1 of 4