Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
32 posts Page 2 of 4
Jancy, did you figure it out? I think you were putting an adjustment layer on instead of just using Ctrl+U?

Yours both turned out great! I love the wizard you have. I looked all through my clip-art for a good one, but the magician was as close as I could find. I like your sparklies better, too. Mine turned out well the other times, but I couldn't get it to my liking today.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
ok here's mine. I had a picture of my niece Sophia that I knew I could use this on. :P
I almost deleted the picture the other day thinking I would never use it. :oops:

~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Thanks Reka-I did not do Control U-I didn't even know that short cut nor did I hear him say it. Is that the only way to do it? By Control U?
I just did the adjustment layer and did merge down so for me it was a couple of extra steps.
I found that old wizard man on Google photos.
Well I like your swirly thing on the top better than mine-Mine looks a little too stiff!
I think I'll try another so I can do the Control U thing and see what happens- --

Kimi thats excellent!!!
Jancy
----------------
Jancy's Gallery
Thanks Jancy. :P

I could get the lightening part fine but I had a bit of a problem with the swirly bits from the clouds.
I also hit the adjustment layer and grouped it. :oops:

But I loved making the sparkles with the brush! :mrgreen:
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
It isn't an adjustment layer, which would change the color of the whole image, but a Hue/Saturation adjustment. It is also under Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation, but for me, Ctrl+U is the easiest way, just like in PSE.

Kimi, that one is precious. Good thing you kept it, and just wait till she sees it!!
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
A bit confusing with the shortcuts-I really need to learn them. Control U worked great and control L for the Levels. I made much more work for myself with out the shortcuts. Tried another-my lightning came out to smooth I like the was yours came out Reka and Kimi. I'll have to try another later.
wizard.and-frame.jpg
wizard.and-frame.jpg (148.96 KiB) Viewed 626 times
Jancy
----------------
Jancy's Gallery
I like it Jancy. It looks like the lightening it going straight into the vortex. Cool...
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Wow! This was hard. I need to do another to practice more. I do not like my vortex.

Attachments

A life without cause is a life without effect.
Clara
My Gallery
i dont have photoshop, i have pse4, but what a great assortment of pictures you all have made. Love to look.
Clara what a cute picture. I liked your vortex. :P

I thought about this a while ago when I came to look at the images. If someone would have shown me mine and told me that in less than 2 years I would be doing this kind of stuff. I would have looked at them like they had grown 2 heads!
~kimi~

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
32 posts Page 2 of 4