Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I just received a Nikon D700 for Christmas. Can someone tell me how to install camera raw on a MAC & do I have to DL any software from my camera to use camera raw on the computer. (I just upgraded to PS CS4)
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
oooooh, a D700
What fun! :cheer2:

Don't have an Apple computer so can't help you.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
A D700? You lucky duck! I'm not a Mac user but I do run CS4. My PC version came with ACR. Perhaps the Mac version does too? Good shooting with your great new DSLR.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Go to the following site on Adobe to download the latest Adobe Camera Raw plugin, ACR 5.6. Before downloading read the instructions for automatic or manual installation on a Mac. I usually use the manual method, but it is quite easy and mostly automatic after you open the disc file.
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Thank you!
I have it DL , but i can't find a way to open camera raw in CS4 without going through bridge. I don't like using bridge. Any suggestions, anyone?
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
Good to hear that you got it downloaded.

Now, if you want to process jpeg with ACR,

1. File, Open As, select image, then in the Open As dialogue box, use the drop down (at the bottom) to select Camera Raw

2. Photoshop, Preferences, File Handling - select Prefer Adobe Camera Raw for jpeg files - and all jpegs will be opened via ACR.

Note:

based on CS3/WinXP, but should be the same deal based on tutorials have seen.
John
Thank you John for your help, but for some reason in CS4 it wont open that way.
Under "file" is Open, new, open recent, open as smart object & browse in bridge.

The way you described is the same way I used to do it in CS3. I'm thinking I may have to buy a manual.
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
Linda,
This must be an issue with the Mac version. My PC version of CS4 can easily do an "open as".
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
8 posts Page 1 of 1