Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hubby bought me CS3 for Christmas (can't wait) but one question before I actually get to use it. Do you have to use the bridge to access your photos.
You don't have to use Bridge to open an image -- there's the usual "open file" dialog. But I can't figure out how to keep CS3 from opening Bridge at startup. You can just go into it and close it and have it gone until you need it, though.
jo
my gallery
Sony VAIO PC/Windows XT/PSE5/CS3
Canon digital rebel XT
To disable Bridges auto start up, in Photoshop,go to Edit-Preferences-General and then under options,un-check the box that says-"Automatically Launch Bridge". I hate it when I open a program & it decides I need another one opened along with it. :x
Thanks, Jeff.
jo
my gallery
Sony VAIO PC/Windows XT/PSE5/CS3
Canon digital rebel XT
Thanks, that is exactly what I needed. Am going to write it down so I will have it ready Christmas day.
I have never installed Bridge. It came with CS3 but since I use Lightroom I did not see a need for it?
[url]http://www.sheilascorner.com/photography.html[/url]
If you are allready using Elements, you can continue to use the Organizer. Photoshop when installed, becomes a selectable item from the Organizer Dropdown or right click options. Kind of gives you a bridge to Bridge. :roll:
John
I don't use the organizer at all. I prefer my own somewhat in disarray filing system. That is why I was asking about bridge, didn't want to be tied to it.
Oh, one of those . :mrgreen:

So, you can continue exactly as you have without any real change, especially once you make that preferences change.

One thing t o consider though is that the bridge,, unlike organizer, is a broswser like Windows Explorer. It does have some bells and whistles, but is a lot more robust than organizer.

WhenI first started with Elements I shunned the Organizer as I was/am a Windows geek, but started to use it whenI started to get into RAW and saving files as PSD, etc. Then the situation led me in to Organizer.

Each to his/her own!
John
Bridge is great. Especially for saving all of your elements. You can view your pngs and everthing. You can tag them, rate them, etc.

If you work with RAW photos, you can do that from Bridge.
10 posts Page 1 of 1