Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I've been working with CS4 for about a month, after years with Elements. I installed an action that I'd now like to remove, but I can't seem to figure out where PS is hiding it. Could someone please help with the path to the .atn files? I would be very appreciative.
Jan, I don't have CS4 but you may be able to use the "search function" to find out where it is. If you have a PC you can click Start, go to Search (or Find) and then enter [filename].atn. It doesn't necessarily have to be the exact action you are looking for, any atn-file should work.

On the assumption that you find a file, you should then be able to figure out the path to the location. If you have a mac, I have no idea but they must have something similar.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Hope this works, this is the path

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\Presets\Actions
Thank you both for trying to help. I should have said that I'm on Windows XP.

Rusty, I had tried searching for .atn files, but gave up after an hour with no results. Can't understand why it didn't at least find the original built in actions.

Suzi, the path you specified is correct, and gets to the original action files, but not to the ones I've added, which is why I wondered if there was some other way to go to get to added files. I remember with Elements you had to go in through Applications, etc. to get to some files that didn't show up through Programs, and was wondering if the same was true for CS4. I did try that path, without success.

I'll keep hunting.

Jan
Oh my! I was making it waaaaay to complicated.

In CS4, the actions panel has a little delete icon at the bottom. You highlight (select) the action, and click on the delete icon. Done!

Thanks!
Jan
Glad you found it, that was going to be my next suggestion
Isn't it fun to stumble into the solution?

That's like what I call "a happy accident" when I end up with what I think is a great photo that I had no idea was there :biggrin:

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
7 posts Page 1 of 1