Just for Beginners, post your questions, ask for help, get opinions...
5 posts Page 1 of 1
If you could only buy one book on Photoshop CS5, which one would it be?

Laura
Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers by Martin Evening.

I have others for CS3, but a friend of mine purchased this one and let me have a look at it. I immediately found a couple of things that I had been struggling with and a clear explanation of the specifics. It comes with a DVD with images from the book and I have ordered it for myself and am expecting it in a few days.

Where I am, there is a branch of the on-line store I ordered it from and they allow/encourage individuals to drop in and have a read - in Canada, it is Chapters. They also have a no quibble return policy if I change my mind - good for 14 days (I think), but I have never returned a book. ANd, oh yes, free shipping if above a price threshold - and this book qualifies, and even better, I can return it to the local store!

Can't beat that!
John
"The Adobe Photoshop CS5 Book for Digital Photographers" by Scott Kelby. I have his books on PSE4, PSE6 and CS4, all of which are excellent, straight forward books on how to get the effects you want rather than a technical manual on the inner workings of Photoshop. I have yet to get is CS5 book, but that will be my next purchase.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
When I purchased CS3, I started off with Kelby's "The Adobe Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers" and it was a great start off place. Some individuals don't like his style and humour, but I found it useful and refreshing.

After a while though, I wanted more and couldn't find it in Kelbys books or in any of the other ones I picked up - and spent quite a few dollars on.

I am grazing the Martin Evening book right now and looking for the things that have always irked me and have found the answers I was looking for.

So, maybe Kelby for getting going and Evening for the real deal. Depends on your own characteristics about learning and exploring software.
John
Thanks for all the suggestions. I have to pay a visit to the book store to check out your suggestions.

Laura
5 posts Page 1 of 1